Re: a problem with the anemometer in a Honeywell station

I am having a problem with the anemometer in a Honeywell te831w-2. This is a brand new station that I got on Friday Jan 3rd. I had to wait until snow melted off my balcony before I could setup the anemometer and the outside thermo-hygrometer. The station has been up and working fine for a week. I got up this morning and the anemometer is not registering on the main station display. There is nothing but dash marks on the wind chill and wind speed. The wind direction is stuck at 315

The dash mark indicate a lost of communication between your anemometer and the main station.

You can reestablish-it with keeping the down arrow down for about 30 seconds.

The RF range is very limited and sensitive to obstacle.

If this append often, try to move your main unit at different location.

Update 09:44 UTC 2-14-17. Now the outside thermo-hygrometer on ch 2 has dropped offline. There is only dash marks for the Outside temperature and the outside humidity reading. I just now took the base station to the balcony door and I waited almost 40 minutes to see if the thermo-hygrometer and the anemometer would sync up again. NO GO. What’s up with this silly thing? Did I end up with an other lemon?

The hold down arrow for 30 seconds worked for the anemometer and the outside thermo-hygrometer. Both are back in sync with the base station. Thanks. And don’t worry about your english. My spelling and gramer aren’t all that grate eather. I have dyslexia.