And now for my next trick, bird spikes...

I was thinking about how to do some spike for the anemometer, (cable ties I think) they wouldn’t hinder the direction if I put some in the actual vane would they?

Whilst I was stood I. The kitchen I noticed the shelf for the microwave,
I thought that would be brill for the modified rain bucket (250mm)
Took it out and tried it out and it sat on the perfectly, brought it in
And snipped away and this is the end result, we’ll chuffed :slight_smile:
Also using the debris shield front the OS in there too

More interesting would be how you managed to change the way rain is calculated for this size catchment area? Have you posted about this before?

Stuart

Yep, 1st post, on this section, or search Bashy rain gauge
PS, that’s my OS setup above

There must have been dozens of posts on here with calculations for various sized funnel additions :slight_smile:

Many from me lol :oops:

I didn’t want to say that :lol:

OH I had assumed it was for the new Davis rain gauge… never mind.

Stuart

It will be, gonna do the same for the Davis too

Oh goody :roll:

:silly: :rofl: :tongue3:

Already sussed it, no need to hide just yet :wink:

I used to have cable ties around the rain bucket, which kept falling off or bending sideways in the wind, then Davis brought out their own version for

Never tried bird spikes on the rain gauge but my experience in general is that if they are big enough to repel medium sized birds (woodpeckers are the big problem here), then the little finches etc. love to perch and nest on them :roll:

Yeah, Davis dont fit a 250mm bucket :wink:

My main concern is really the anny, in fear of the doves and pigeons breaking it and also
crapping in 1 place and my dogs taking an interest in that 1 place…

I actually do not (not that i noticed) have a bird issue on the buckets, that are at waist height
and i have 3 large hairy dogs that go bounding down the garden making a racket at any sign
of movement, even though i have my bird table about 5ft from the buckets, still not seen any
sit on them, not even had droppings in the debris shield, so if they are perching on it, they are
crapping on the outside, so considerate of them :lol: it just so happened that i noticed something
in the kitchen that i realised could be an excellent bird spike.

It took all of 10 secs to measure, 30 seconds to go and sit it on there to make sure, and about 2
minutes to snip with pliers and 1 minute to bend (without breaking the welds) and another 2 hours
to fit and bask in my glory :smiley: Thats got to be worth the saving of