Davis Envoy question

Hi folks

Can the Envoy retransmit and provide data to the pc at the same time or does have to be one or the other?

Example, I would like the console elsewhere away from the weather pc and i want the temp at 0.0 in WD,
so i will use the Envoy, but will it transmit to the console and give data to the pc at the same time please?

“want the temp at 0.0 in WD,” Huh?

Why would the envoy need to re-transmit to the console? Console can get the data direct from the ISS.

Oh, re-transmit is only ISS parameters, not indoor temp or baro - is that the question?

I thought it might be hard to explain :oops:

I am gonna get an Envoy, 1, so it can get 0.0 even though my soil temp is showing on the console at 0.0 :?
But also so that i can move the console inside to any room i fancy, problem might be that it wont reach the ISS
If thats the case, can the Envoy retransmit to the console as well as deliver the data to WD, or can the Envoy
only do 1 or the other, not both.

Can the envoy retransmit to the console in the house as well as deliver the data to WD?

Does that make more sense?

I understand you want to keep the soil temperature set to a resolution of 0.1 C so as to drive the ISS and carry it into the console, and then wd?

You’re right I’m completely lost. What makes you think using the envoy instead of the console would make any difference in the resolution (decimals) of the soil temp?

I was at home Envoy 8X, which can receive up to 8 ISS.
Can record the temperature at 0.1C from each temperature transmitter.
The problem is that the console uses an external temperature resolution of 0.5 and 0.6C, and thus these values are loaded round.
It’s in the software console and transferring Envoy of the console does not help.
I had to come back because this conga supported by WD.

I think Bashy is confusing the Envoy and Envoy8x - completely different beasts.

Logical, I didn’t know he had an 8x. My mistake.

I managed to get hold of a cheap envoy not x
I was told the other day on here that the envoy will do 0.0 opposed to the console only rounding it to 0

I also wanted the envoy so that I can move the console to where I want to in the house.

I want to know, if the iss cannot reach the console at the front of the house, cane the envoy retransmit to the console whilst still giving data to WD?

Not the regular, non-8x, Envoy, resolution depends on the sensor itself.

I want to know, if the iss cannot reach the console at the front of the house, cane the envoy retransmit to the console whilst still giving data to WD?

Yes.

OK thanks Niko, one more then, on my console, the soile is showing to 0.0 and 0, shows it I 2 sections, I posted a shot of it I’m the other day, yet wd only shows it to 0

Does it ever show other than 0 in the decimal? Internally the Davis works in F, so any temp displayed in C is converted.

Not quite 100% sure what ya mean, oh, hold on yes, i know what ya mean lol

Yes it does, say for example 1.2C, the non decimal figure will show, if its below 0.5 rounded to the lower
if its above 0.5 it will rounded up to the next, eg if the soil # is showing 1.3 in the other box it will show as 1
if its 1.8 it will show as 2 :slight_smile:

I was just about to take a photo and show you BUT, sods law its at 0.0C ha ha ha ha

Found the image from the other day, both if these are soil temp #1

7.2C is 45F, so I think it’s an F measured temp converted to C, and the display difference is just a display design choice.

Oki, I will keep an eye on it, but if for example if it says something like 0.1C that will not = a rounded F then
I will report back :slight_smile:

Oh, there is one other thing, I am sure I read somewhere that the stainless steel temp was rounded to 0 but the one I have isn’t, may have made that up mind, will have look online in the morning :

Hi Niko, this morning the soil temp was 0.2C now if my mate google is correct then that is 32.36F

Hi folks, from what i gather, the Console is to the nearest 1C and both envoys to the nearest 0.1C or 1C,
but nothing said about the history and alarms for the 8x, thats the only difference i can find in the specs

Here’s the specs, i wrote it exact

The console (Outside temp/hum ISS)
Current data: 0.1