weatherproof rj11 joiner?

But the ones I have just bought are filled anyway :slight_smile:

Right, this is overkill for most hobby applications, but it will hold up longer than just tape. It does seal the ends of the cable jacket which is a good thing, moisture can easily wick a long way into the cable. You can also do the plastic tube thing without the grease, but where’s the fun in that?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They have finally arrived, wow, how tiny 8O
I don’t know what I expected but just over a cm long and a cm wide, just glad they ain’t big but wow, that’s small

What about this ???

https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN%C2%AE-Waterproof-Coupler-Shielded-Installable/dp/B00M4UETJC

“simply plug a patch cord into either end and screw together.”

“Cut the connectors off the two patch cords. Thread the 2x cat 5 through the nuts and rubber seals and install new RJ45’s. Plug into each end of the connector and screw together”

FTFY

That’s what I was looking for over here but couldn’t find any, not to worry, think these tiny things will do…

You understand how they work - right?

I believe so, 1 wire of the same colour from each cable, then squeeze, no need for removing plastic either…

Exactly :smiley: Try to use a big pair of pliers or a vice so that you get a straight squeeze and the colored bit doesn’t go in at an angle.

Best do a few practice runs 1st me thinks so i get the hang them, theres no coloured bit on mine, i got some at a fraction of the cos of M3 ones

You didn’t get these?

No, these, i didnt see anything about gel on the other ones :confused:

ha, just read the description of those coloured ones further down… #-o :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol:

OK, same thing :slight_smile:

:big1:

Squeeze 'em nice and straight like the one on the right, not like the one on the left :slight_smile:

I have some of those in the right, will use them, thanks :slight_smile:

Davis is now live, cable joining went without a hitch on my part, the cable grip inside the
connector broke so had to redo that one, joining of the cables went ok and 1st time too

Temp and humidity are working at 10m length cable so thats good too :slight_smile:

:smiley: