weatherproof rj11 joiner?

Yep, thats the way i have done it too. Of course a layer of tape around the whole thing would give even more protection but the tape-packet would need to be 110% water/moist-proof then wich is in de facto impossible when 2 wires goes inside it. The experience from my own fiddlings togethter with our wet/humid/frozen fall/winter where humidity stays at around 100% for months are that no protection at all are better than bad protection.

Well, if you really want it weatherproof :wink: Get a short length of plastic tube (e.g. pvc conduit), cap one end, fill it half way (or more) with hi-temp silicone electrical (dielectric) grease. Mount it open end down on the mast, u-turn the spliced wires up into the tube so that the spices and ends of the cable jackets are well in the grease. Tape/clip the wires to the mast, stuff the open end of the tube with rubber/plastic foam to keep it clean.

But the ones I have just bought are filled anyway :slight_smile:

Right, this is overkill for most hobby applications, but it will hold up longer than just tape. It does seal the ends of the cable jacket which is a good thing, moisture can easily wick a long way into the cable. You can also do the plastic tube thing without the grease, but where’s the fun in that?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They have finally arrived, wow, how tiny 8O
I don’t know what I expected but just over a cm long and a cm wide, just glad they ain’t big but wow, that’s small

What about this ???

https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN%C2%AE-Waterproof-Coupler-Shielded-Installable/dp/B00M4UETJC

“simply plug a patch cord into either end and screw together.”

“Cut the connectors off the two patch cords. Thread the 2x cat 5 through the nuts and rubber seals and install new RJ45’s. Plug into each end of the connector and screw together”

FTFY

That’s what I was looking for over here but couldn’t find any, not to worry, think these tiny things will do…

You understand how they work - right?

I believe so, 1 wire of the same colour from each cable, then squeeze, no need for removing plastic either…

Exactly :smiley: Try to use a big pair of pliers or a vice so that you get a straight squeeze and the colored bit doesn’t go in at an angle.

Best do a few practice runs 1st me thinks so i get the hang them, theres no coloured bit on mine, i got some at a fraction of the cos of M3 ones

You didn’t get these?

No, these, i didnt see anything about gel on the other ones :confused:

ha, just read the description of those coloured ones further down… #-o :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol:

OK, same thing :slight_smile:

:big1:

Squeeze 'em nice and straight like the one on the right, not like the one on the left :slight_smile:

I have some of those in the right, will use them, thanks :slight_smile: