Problem with Steel Gauges data updating properly - Weather Display

I am very new to the Weather Display software. Currently I am up loading the "CustomClientraw.txt; “clientraw.txt”; “Clientrawdaily.txt”; “Cliebtrawhour.txt” ; and “clientrawextra.txt” to my web server. I have the steel gauges working at http://scannorthcounty.net/weather2/gauges-ss-basic.htm . I have weather display updating the "customclientraw.txt file every 10 seconds. I also updated the “gauges.js” file “realtimeInterval” to 10 seconds.

When updating - the updates take anywhere from 20-50 seconds to show up on the gauges. (sometimes longer)

I also get the following error messages from time to time, no consistency to the timing -

“parserror: Syntaxerror: unexpected end of json input”

“The weather station is offline last update x minutes ago”

Looking for suggestions on how I can fix the lag in update and info on the errors.

I am switching over from VWS to Weather Display. Did not have this lag or error messages when uploading from VWS.

Thanks for any suggestions.

John

you can set the update rate and upload rate for the customclientraw
in the real time ftp setup in the webfiles/web page setup in WD
what do you have those set to?
also which version/build of WD?

I am using v.10.37s Build 41

My custom Client raw file settings are both at 10 seconds. Right now I have the changed the “Delay between uploading data” from 25 to 10, which seems to have improved the reporting.

Also, I did not use the “customclientraw” file that came with the gauges zip file. Would that make a difference. Did not see mention of that until I had it all set up and working.

I also have the realtimeInterval set for 10 in the gauges.js file.

I need to incorporate that latest customclientraw file with the install files…if you could email me that :slight_smile:

As a follow-up to my last post - I did not update anything in this portion of the “gauges.js” file, but it is working.

realTimeUrlWD : ‘customclientraw.txt’, //*** WD Users: Change to your location of the ccr file ***

Also, I looked at the “customclientrawlocal.txt” file that came with the Steel gauges download and it looks identical to the one that came with WD download. Should I change to the one that came with Steel Gauges?

The file is attached. Just need to rename it back to it’s correct name.

John

customclientrawlocal_SS.txt (2.22 KB)

What weather station do you have?

Old - Davis weather monitor II

OK, thanks, good to keep those running :smiley: I asked because I wondered if the data itself was updating as fast as you are trying to update the gauges.