[RESOLVED] Longitude and Latitude query

Hi folks, i am trying to get this right, problem is, same input, different output

On the Davis console i am putting in Lat 52.4 and Long 0.6 for this 52.463480, 0.613722
In WD i get Lat 52.01.80 and Long 1.17.80

In WD one (os station) i enter

Bashy there are two ways o expressing latitude and longitude, the Decimal way such as 52.4 or the degrees minutes and seconds way (known as DMS) like 52 23 60 so you can do this the easy way at http://www.latlong.net/lat-long-dms.html. Your 0.6 comes out as 0 36 0.

Stuart

Hi Stuart I should have posted an image, I have. 2 WD’s running, the - 1.xxx is the Davis on

Well I dont remember what I did originally it’s so long ago (2005) but I believe you can manually enter the correct values in WD so I’m not sure what the problem is.

Stuart

Cheers, I didn’t know if wd kept grabbing the settings, I changed it manual now, didn’t make any difference mind lol, cheers Stuart.

Hi guys, i have sommat wrong some where.

Just checked google for my sunrise and sunset times
7:15 AM
Tuesday, February 14, 2017 (GMT)
Sunrise in Weeting, UK

5:07 PM
Monday, February 13, 2017 (GMT)
Sunset in Weeting, UK

And WD is Sunrise 7:17 and Sunset 17:06 thats close enough for solar even the evnoy is close enough
But the console says Sunrise 08:02 and Sunset 16:11, its an hour out, i have just been through it all
on the console and its set exactly the same as the envoy GMT DST auto, i tried manual too, Long and Lat
the same as the envoy and WD, still console is an hour late :frowning: any thoughts please? im at a loss now

Hi,
as console sunrise/set times are calculated form lat/long it must be related to those settings. What are the values? If the sunrise is an hour later and sunset an hour earlier that means the latitude may be wrong i.e further north at this time of year. Or is the date wrong on the console?

Hi Martyn, thats what i thought, but its the same on WD, Envoy and console at 52.5N - 000.6E

Ok, and the console date is set to today?

HA HA HA, no, it wasnt, i forgot if you scroll the time during setup it goes to the date, i was just going through and missing the date out
its was erm, 13/1 #-o thanks Martyn, theres always a rookie mistake :lol: :oops: