Upload interval and timestamp

Finally got my weather station up and running, and SG working…

http://www.hssc.net/weather/gauges.htm

A couple of questions…

I have upload set to every three seconds, but it updates maybe every 10 to 20 seconds. Not a huge problem but it would be nice if it was more frequent. Any idea?

Is there facility to put the current timestamp of the data online as well?

The script as such is updating every 3 seconds, question is how often you update the actual file that sends the data to it

you can set the upload freq for the custom client raw file
in the real time ftp setup in WD

I must admit I thought I had the create interval set to 3 seconds as well. Could someone show me a screen grab of where to set it?

control panel
web files/web page setup
real time ftp setup
bottom right hand corner…you can set the create times and the upload time freq for the custom client raw
(restart the clientrawrealtimeftp after changing that)

My settings are as attached. 3 and 3. I presume the ‘Update Frequency’ of 25 above that isn’t anything to do with it?

you would need to watch the clientrawrealtime program and see how often the customclientraw file is uploaded

It could also be the web site server. It may just not be possible to log-in, change directories, upload the file, then log-out every 3 seconds. Second is the web server may have a limit on the number of FTP log-ins that can be active at one time so some uploads are being rejected because that limit has been reached.

Yes I wondered that, but my clientraw goes up every 3 seconds ok. I also did a bit of timing on the SG update frequency, and sure enough it updates after every 8 batches of 3 seconds, i.e. 24 seconds. Makes me wonder if that 25 second field in my screen grab above means something. Any chance of checking whether it’s being forced to update every 25 seconds for some reason Brian?

Brain yours updates after every 5 lots of 5 seconds - 25 again!

http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb/gauges-ss.html

I changed Update Frequency in 2nd Realtime Clientraw from 25 to 3 seconds and mine is much better now.

Do you think there could be a wrongly assigned variable in the code?

no, mine updates much faster than every 25 seconds
watch the windspeed
http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb/gauges-ss.html

How strange, when I look at it it’s every 25 seconds!

maybe try viewing on another pc, another browser
I can say 100% that is updates faster than every 25 seconds for me when I view my steel gauges

I see Brian’s changing the wind speed/direction every 2nd update = 10 seconds.

Your data is updating every 6 seconds. If you set the gauges update interval to 6+ seconds you should see the gauges change every update

Yep yours is updating OK now Brian. The first couple of times I checked I didn’t see an update at all. Then today not at first then it started. Maybe you just have very steady conditions where you are?!

Yes I’m getting an update every 6 seconds, which I’m happy with, although I have got everything set to 3 seconds. Maybe it is a server thing - it can’t update all the CR files that quickly?

Which brings me to my other question. Unlike WDL, there is no timestamp for each update, so we can’t see if it occurring. Am I missing something? Is there a way to add a times tamp.

I’m also really pleased to get my graphs working. But the typeface is very ‘muddy’ and I don’t like the italics on the x axis. Can someone please point me to the way to change the typeface? Thanks.

Hi,
You can modify your customclientrawlocal.txt file to append the time to the forecast you are displaying…

“forecast”:“%timesec% - %vpforecasttext%”

or dump the forecast and just go with
“forecast”:"Last updated %timesec% "

Gus

Thanks for that Gus, I shall give it a go. :slight_smile: