Is there any way to build a homemade solar sensor?

This is the forum for that type of activity, but beyond that there’s nothing organized. Many have expressed interest in e.g. a solar sensor, and some of us have the skills to design that kind of thing, but most of the interested parties do not have the skills to implement the project. In the past I have even put together kits of the essential parts and detailed information for a Davis compatible UV/Solar sensor, but no one who got a kit actually put it together. I no longer volunteer :lol:

There are two members of this forum who have completed projects that I’ve had a hand in, one built VP UV and Solar sensors that are working well, and the other built a skytemp (cloud cover), precip, light level, UV, sensor array that uploads the data directly to their website.

There’s a good long thread about the laser snow depth sensor, and some other 1-wire sensors have been incorporated into WD. Also I believe Brian has added some other wx related sensors that output data to a file read by WD.

But it’s hardly reasonable to expect Brian to add non-weather related sensors or everybody’s different concept of an interface for e.g. a solar sensor to WD. In these days of data driven php websites there are many ways to feed other data to the webserver and incorporate it into the site.