Forum access

I use Chrome too so that appears to be a dead end.

Chrome, on a W10 laptop, Android phone, and CyanogenMod tablet

Chrome here too and on my phone, looks like it could be a factor in this issue…

Well… could be, but dont forget that it is not such a surprise we all use Chrome. It is by far the most used browser, so it could easily be just a coincidence.

I don’t use Chrome but do have Chromium installed here on Linux and will give it a try to see what happens.

Stuart

I just sent a one letter PM to niko to see if it worked OK from Chromium, answer yes … now updating thread from Chromium as well.

Stuart

Hi Stuart, it’s not overly often that it happens, but then when it dies it can be multiple times in a row.
Maybe it’s cause we are using Chrome in multiple machines and the forum add on cookie thinks that we are trying to spam cause it’s coming from multiple machines, I really don’t know, sometimes I have to give up or if it’s really important, use another machine…

When it happens what have you been doing before? I wonder if it could be that more than a certain number of write actions to the forum in a certain amount of time could trigger this as some kind of spam prevention measure? I rarely if ever write a PM after doing any kind of update to the forum.

Stuart

Anything and nothing to be honest, normally I have just opened a new tab, open ww, then got to section and create post, or, I could be on the phone like now, opened ww, from the email notification and replying to you and bang, won’t let me reply, it’s very random…

Just catching up on emails. I had a bit of a backlog that I needed to clear…180,000 spam messages deleted and about 10,000 of my own messages to download into my own mail client.

I think this error might be a caching /PHP session ssue. Bad Behaviour looks for events happening that shouldn’t normally happen. It seems to be finding the PM HTTP POST message coming more than two days after the HTTP GET command that initiated the PM. If a GET message has been cached from a previous PM a week ago and then you send a new PM using that page, it looks like you’re trying to send PM today that you initiated a week ago.

That could be down to caching or possibly different session IDs if you log in on multiple devices.

As a trial, is anyone able to turn off client side caching to see if they still get the problem. Alternatively, does anyone who only ever uses the forum on a single device see the error?

I check the forum from 3 or 4 PC’s, but almost exclusively post/PM from my laptop. I’ve never seen the error.

I nearly always post from two devices, my WD laptop (W7) or this desktop (Linux) and exclusively using Firefox on both and never seen this problem. I do occasionally clear the FF cache but probably only two or three times a year and usually in response to an error somewhere (but never this problem).

Stuart

Mostly use laptop win10 and Chrome and Note 3 android and Chrome and i get the error on the odd occasion, although, not for at least 5 days

never seen the message as far as I am aware.

Only log in from my PC (Win10 Pro), and only use FF (developer version).

TrevP

Happening again… it really is very annoying, not only you cannot send a PM, but what is even worse is that the field content is not cached by the browser, so whatever you wrote is completely lost

I am on chrome, if i go back then all what i wrote is there (not for pms though :/), I have had this a few
times over the last few days, NOT on my weather PC, Lappy or phone, but on my main PC thats in the living room,
i rarely use it for anything other than watching my downloaded series and movies on.

Its just lately whilst i was trying to sort a lot of my photography images out i replied to comments using that PC
and i have had the message 3 times over the last few days.

I think Chris and i have established that it is not the forum (if it was, it would be doing it on all 4 machines) but that
it is because (quote from Chris) that does make sense, when i used to get it on my phone and lappy a good while
back, but back then i was then using my main pc all the time.

I believe there is an overly sensitive mod/hack in the forum software or addon

If you're getting it on a different PC that you rarely use then it might be that the session IDs on the two PCs are out of step. So your normal PC is saying my ID is "12345"and your other PC is saying my session ID is "54321". Trying to use expired session IDs is a trick that hackers can use to circumvent security.

I did think along the lines of the above as per my reply on December 24, 2016, 03:27:12 PM

try this, https:// then the forum.

I had the problem with this forum,being unable to access and remember my PW. I read about it on the net and changed it a bit. worked fine

It is generated by a forum mod, but the error isn’t very meaningful and the logs are huge and not easily searchable so it’s difficult to find the specific error in them. I’ve forced the error myself a few times today so I may be able to work out what’s going wrong.

Just one thought…do you have all your sessions on different PCs/browsers logged in at the same time? I got the error what I was flipping between logged in an as a guest.

Please let me know if the error is still happening. I checked the version of the mod that was generating the error and it was a long way out of date for some reason but the forum software hadn’t flagged that up for some reason. I’ve just upgraded to the latest version so maybe that will get rid of the error?

OK, Chris, will let ya know, thanks…