Meso & Custom Screens

Recently I decided to set-up meso maps and custom screens on my web site. I didn’t really know what I was getting into or how to do it, but that didn’t stop me. If you haven’t played with this feature of WD I encourage you to take a look at this function. The possibilites for these screens are endless and only limited by your imagination.

One interesting development that Brian added recently is the ability to have a dynamic background image. This change allows me to use an NOAA radar image for my custom screen #2 background image. I setup an http download to grab the most recent image from NOAA, then by setting this image as the background image means the map displayed on my website is updated automatically. (The mesomap handles gathering data for display of the temps on the background).

I then decided I liked the custom screen better than the meso map, but, the meso map was getting prime real estate on my web page. I decided to try using the custom screen #2 for the background image for meso map #1 and it worked. This could probably be done using the custom screen, but I like letting WD use the “normal” WD update routine for my site and manage all the files to upload :slight_smile:

Results can be seen on my web site. Stop by and take a look when you have a chance.

If you decide to setup some screens for your website and have questions just drop me a note and I will be glad to lend a hand.

thanks for all your hard work on getting bugs ironed out too dan…
i will try and fix the remaning gltiches today

Glad I could help Brian. I really enjoyed learning and setting up the maps and screens. It sparked my imagination and has me thinking of more possibilites for using them :wink: