cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: Website check - youtube video controls  (Read 2113 times)

mickeyb1

Website check - youtube video controls
« on: December 03, 2016, 11:59:16 AM »
Hello,

If anyone has time to click my homepage, scroll to the bottom and look at the image on right for daily timelapse video, does it have a message saying "Full screen unavailable Learn more" ?

Looking at the google forums this has been a problem in the past, regardless of whether fullscreen is enabled or not and regardless of embed code used or youtube settings.

Its happening on both my notebooks, in all browsers but not on my desktop or mobile phone, its very odd.

www.stansteadabbottsweather.co.uk

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:34:10 PM by mickeyb1 »

Online teal

• Davis vantage pro 2 windows 10
  • Norfolk England
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Mozilla compatible
    • Weather At Wilney Green Norfolk
Re: Website check
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »
77  Hi mickeyb1, yep it shows full screen unavailable using EI 11 W7, & the same in Edge W10 .

teal.

mickeyb1

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 12:47:17 PM »
Thanks very much Teal, its very odd and I will try and find the solution somehow.

I have just looked at all of your website, nice work and I like how you have used all of the weatherdisplay graphs and added so many live maps including snow !.

Your wd live page refreshed every 6-7 seconds with no problems and ive just liked some of your videos on your channel - very nice timelapses, that mobius camera looks very good and a Tesla in your garage.........Wow  8O

Online teal

• Norfolk England
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Mozilla compatible
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 03:34:26 PM »
  Hi mickeyb1, many thanks for all the likes, the rain/snow data can be got from "www.meteoradar.co.uk", & as for the Tesla coil/van de Graaf machine & the Wimshurst machine well I just had to make them !, as for the Mobius more info can be found here but there are two new ones out at the moment that do 60 fpm.

teal.

mickeyb1

Re: Website check - youtube video controls - fullscreen bug
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 03:40:09 PM »
Hi Teal, Thanks for the info.

Found the answer, for my site at least.

I dont really need fullscreen as its just a medium quality timelapse, so I found that adding ?controls=0  at the end of the embedded video url gets rid of this message, but it does also get rid of all the controls entirely.

Works for me, very pleased.

Online teal

• Norfolk England
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Mozilla compatible
Re: Website check - youtube video controls
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 04:59:13 PM »
  Glad you have it all sorted now, Like the look of "windytv" on your page I think I will put that on my page as well.

teal.

cumulus