TFA Nexus doesnt work with win10 based systems srv 2012 etc

Just to let you know.
I tried to upgrade from windows srv 2008r2 → 2012r2
No go.
Wdisplay installs and starts ok but the feed from USB is considered crap by Weather display.
Temperatures show constant 13c, pressure is all off, wind speeds spike to 29m/s etc. etc. etc.
I tried all possible scenarios I could think, no go.

One possible solution might be to get older usb dll’s / sys files from somewhere. But didin’t go that far.

Just for Your information.

edit*) Almost forgot. It’s not only Weather Display issue. Same goes with the station’s own software.

greets: k

Hi
yes, there have been other reports of this problem, in other threads
have you though tried the latest version of WD which has a newer usb.dll driver?

Hi Brian.
Yes Sir, I tried with several different versions of WD, same problems with all.
Also tried with different compatibility modes etc. I dont have any power suspend modes on, on usb controllers (offcource).
Tried to change the between different usb lanes (different controllers on board, no go)

I now degraded back to 2008r2, works like a toilet in a train!

There have been reports with win10 based drivers sucking on other devices too.
I think some tens of thousands of dvd drives has been sold for people mistakenly thinking their broke for example.
I certainly forgot to mention something that I tried in this post.
But being a comp engineer, the list is long. Nothing helped

ps, Im about to get me some serious Davis stuff on the yard soon. I’m in process to pimp my station pages etc…
So, Nexus will soon go anyways. But, still planning to keep the working version of Windblows.

cheers: k

I will fish out my Irox station and give it a whirl with my latest windows 10 updated PC

Rgr that, interesting to see the results.
I’d bet the windows 10 has the same dll’s and other stuff that 2012 does.
Btw, the one thing I didin’t try, would it work before the updates ?
My version of 2012 media is so old that it literally re-installs it self during the updating cycle

cheers:k

ok, the solution is to make sure to have the latest version, 1.4, of weather capture advance
the software that comes with the Irox station
google where to download…one site might be
http://weather-capture-advance.updatestar.com/en

when you run that, it says to disconnect the USB for 10 seconds
do that
then restart that weather capture advance
it should start downloading history data

you can then restart WD’s iroxdata.exe
and it should work

Ohh man, thx for the info.
I have v1.3 of the software currently #-o

Once again hours and hours down the drain with the computers 8O

thx again.

k

does that mean that vers 1.4 fixes the problem?
there was another thread were I did post about ves 1.4 of the weather capture program fixes the windows 10 usb driver issue

I cant confirm that anymore since im back @ 2008r2
And for the time beeing staying at it.

But in my opinion the win10 2012srv and so on use the same “driver library”.
So if the 1.4 fixes it in win10, I see no reason for it not correct it also in other win10 based products.

k

Installed version 1.4 , my station now works without having to unplug and replug the usb cable at start up of my PC.