Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update buggy w/WD

Went to the Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update the other day, what a mistake that was #-o ‘wdwebcamcapture’ with a QuickCam Pro 4000 would not save webcam images at all, the webcam overlay wouldn’t function either. Tried both builds of the new 21 version and the old 81 version of WD without any luck. Had to reload my previous build of Windows 10 Pro in order to get it to work correctly at all. Just thought I’d let you know.

The new Start menu in the anniversary edition seems once again built for a touch screen. You have to scroll past everything that is loaded in your computer.

there is a new version of the wdwebcamcapture.exe

there was a thread about that
which works OK for a logitech 9000 pro (i have one myself and windows 10)

also you can install 'the Classic Shell ’ start menu

I don’t want to make a big deal out of this as the Logitech Pro 9000 is a pretty old camera. However, after the huge Windows 10 update yesterday I can’t get WD to use the camera.

I did update WD to the latest version available - now running 10.37S21.

The camera works with the Logitech software. I then uninstalled the Logitech software again (and left the drivers remain) but just can’t get WD to work with it.

Any suggestions before I just remove the camera?

you need to use the new wdwebcamcapture version
as per the previous thread about that
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwebcamcapture.zip

Maybe I’ll try/find a newer one as I have a really old Logitech Pro 4000 which still works on the one prior to the ‘Anniversary Update’.

but the latest version of the wdwebcamcapture program, link above, works with the logitech 9000 pro and windows 10 anniversary update

Deffo does work ok, i had to use the newer version, just updating WD didnt work, make sure you
use Brian’s link a few posts up, cheers Brian :slight_smile:

Will try the Anniversary Update once again on my next whole weekend. Thanks