Yet another global wx visualization site meteoearth.com

http://www.meteoearth.com/

This one has a spinning globe, cute :slight_smile:

LOL… my PC froze completely when I tried to open it, is it some kind of resource demanding visualization?

Chrome runs about 30% CPU viewing it on my laptop so I think the answer is yes :lol:

Viewing WW forum + WX forum tab + notepad and my CPU is running on 82% so I guess I wont try again :smiley:

Wow, I’m at <5% (i5-2520M) with those 3 open 8O

Yes, but thats normal, I got used to it. Opening any 3+ tabs and it will crash and likewise, if I want to for example upload something via Filezilla and also keep Notepad++ opened, I have to close Chrome (which then takes 30-40s to start again :D) And there are sites where I must make sure I dont open any other tab and have just this one - eg. Gmail, Facebook…

You get used to it :slight_smile: It was much worse 2 yrs ago when I was still using XP. Lubuntu is much better. I could use some other less demanding browser, but the problem is that I use Chrome at work, at uni etc. and so I have it all synchronized.

Working with such PC trains your patience :smiley: And I also learned to code much better I think since Meteotemplate has entirely been coded in Notepad++. Since I cannot use any IDE I have to do everything myself manually and that teaches you a lot because you know every single line of the code :slight_smile:

Always look at bright side of things :slight_smile: