Take Davis Vantage Pro2 plus wireless offline to work on station

Anyone know how to take my Vantage Pro2 offline while I work on it. Every time I move it it records rain and I do not want the false readings recorded.

unplug the rain gauge from the ISS

I suggest putting the console into setup mode, press and hold Done and press Down Arrow. Press and hold Done to exit setup mode. Note that the console may (annoyingly) auto exit setup mode after 30 minutes depending on the firmware version, so you may want to remove power and batteries if it’s going to take a while.

Every time I put mine into setup mode to do something, it still records everything despite being in setup mode. Its strange. I normally unplug it and take out the batteries and wait for about 10 minutes before I work on the station.

An oldy i know but, do you not lose settings and data when you unplug and remove batteries? just learning so bear with lol

When I do that to mine all I have to do is set the time when it is powered back up. All the other settings and data are saved.

That’s good to know, ta, I have not looked at it properly yet but I take it, its not automatic clock?

You’re supposed to put it into setup mode and then power off the console

If I understand correctly, no, it does not have a radio to get the time from one of the “atomic” clock services. The good news is that WD has the capability in the data logger set up to keep the console clock in sync with the PC clock which is more reliable. European coverage may be better, but the U.S. atomic clock has poor coverage in many areas.

Yeah, that’s what I was on about, thanks…