Vantage pro system for sale

Davis vantage pro for sale
This is a REV B with the latest firmware.
This includes the Console, Data Logger, Rain Gauge and anemometer/Wind direction.

What does not work
The humidity sensor does not work Temperature is good matches my VP2 temperature.
The SIM board works however the connections can be weak.
Once all cables are connected and everything works and the cover is closed everything is okay. You might have to re-seat the cables at first until you get a reading it may even be the RJ11 Connectors did not troubleshoot. After that I have had no problems unless I went out and played with the wires or opened the cover. A new SIM board should solve that. Anemometer works but the bearings are getting a little sloppy still accurate with my VP2. I would replace the Anemometer / Windvane at some point. This unit is 10 Years plus old. Bought brand new. It is still working now up on my tower with no problems except the humidity sensor. Console works great and is in excellent condition. Feel free to message me or email me at [email protected]
The unit is located in NH I will pack and ship or you pick up
Contact me for pricing or with further questions.
I have used this as a second unit but now want to add more antennas to my tower. Need the space

Windgust

Is it possible to get a new SIM board for the original VP?

I believe I read somewhere on this site that there was a retro fit board.
The SIM board does work It might just be the cable end needs to be replaced.
and not the plugs on the SIM board. I am being over critical of the Vantage pro I want to make sure people are aware of the some of the possible glitches.
It is still in service and working except the Humidity sensor.
The only time I have a connection problem is when I do a routine cleaning and open the bottom cover
where the wires connect, Sometimes I loose the signal and have to un-plug and re-plug in the cable
for the wind speed or temperature.

I know nothing about Davis stations, can the humidity sensor be repaired on this system?

The humidity sensor component for the original VP has not been available for several years.

I bought a replacement from WeatherSpares in the UK for my old VP1 … worked great :slight_smile:

I think their quantities are limited, but there’s still some here. A bit pricey, but when you really need it… they’re the last ones around as far as I’ve found…

Best regards,
Ken

So, was the actual humidity sensor a proprietary part?

AFAIK it was single source, and that source discontinued it. I have not seen that anyone has found a direct, or good functional, equivalent. Based on something I read a while ago it may be that Davis individually calibrated the humidity sensor on those old units. These stations are up to 16 years old now :frowning: