WMR 100 wind sensor

Hello

Wind sensor stalled/quit this AM. No battery warning shows and rain sensor displays. Weather station is at least 5yrs+ in use.
Not sure to replace wind sensor or buy new WMR 200 station.
Anything trouble check on wind sensor or common problems with it?
Thanks, I appreciate your help.vnbadn

Much depends on what version of the WMR100, OS made at least 2 different versions and they were physically different.

The version I had looked like a station on a stick. Worked on it several times, I can tell you the wires going to the anemometer are extremely small and it doesn’t take much to break them. Replacing would be a nightmare because OS ran the wires up the shaft in the middle of the assembly. If you decide to open it up be very careful.

I find it impossible to recommend any of their products after owning one myself.

Thanks for the response. Wires? My wind sensor is wireless. Had a 918 wired system until I couldn’t buy sensors for it anymore, so I bought the 100 wireless. I liked the wired type much better.

I believe Dan would be referring to the wires that connect from the actual anemometer to the wireless transmitter board.

Yes I’m talking about the wires inside the WMR100…

OK. Haven’t gone up on the roof yet. When I do, I’ll remove the sensor and install new lithiums/reset then see if that solves the sensor-lost problem. The batts in now are from Nov '12. If it does not and I can see no obvious problem in the sensor, I’ll get a new WMR200.
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

All fixed. One batt was low (1.2v) while other was ok (1.5v). New lithiums and a reset did the trick. Thanks for the replies.
Dave