Leaf wetness, soil temp and soil moisture for wunderground

Hello,

Now that my pws is working really well I would like to investigate the possibility of these 3 sensors so that my wunderground site has every sensor in use. This is just something I’m considering for now.

Unfortunately it may not be possible, so asking here first, my pws uploads directly to wunderground without software or storage and I would need these extra 3 sensors run by weather display, but can I have 2 separate uploads to wunderground for the same site, 1 from my pws and 1 from wd with the extra sensors ?

Also, I would want to do this as cheaply as possible, so wont be buying the davis leaf / moisture station. It will need to be an economy cabled job. I see that hobby boards has closed down, what a shame, so will be looking at some of the links ive seen here and anything else suggested.

Thanks

you can add 1 wire sensors to WD (to use with any weather station) (e.g 1 wire soil temp, soil moist), although its not as easy to find those sensors now

Thanks Brian,

Are there any other options ? Or am I limited due to 2 different uploads to same wu site ?
Could I use the davis kit if I wanted to go that far ?

I guess you could create a new WU site that WD updates with that info?

Hello,

Im actually going to try it manually. Use the wunderground manual upload url with a test for say soil temp and see what happens on a test site.

If it works then I may buy some cheap non connected sensors which are available from all kinds of suppliers and do the reports manually whenever I can, maybe every couple of hours whenever I can. Wunderground say you can manual upload just the sensors you want, the question will be if it messes up an existing site receiving data already.

I will test this and let you know.

Well I tested the idea.

I got the manual upload url correct and sent a soiltempf test, it said success but my wu page crashed with my other data vanishing temporarily then it went back to normal, but no soiltemp shown.

I have sent wunderground an email to see what they say.

I assume that wunderground does not like 2 data sources to same site. I may still do this and manually upload to my template site, I can buy a 4 in 1 manual sensor for less than

Hello,

I have bought myself an Arduino uno board and some very cheap soil moisture sensors (2 pronged flat surface style) and a soil temp probe, I have just tested 1 of the senors in the arduino app and its reading 1023 (100% dry) down to 330 (100% saturated). I intend entering these values manually on my idesign site whenever I can.

Can anyone tell me how the davis soil moisture and leaf wetness are displayed ? Is it in % as in 0% dry to 100% saturated ?

Obviously I will need to try and convert the readings to meteorological recognized readings and that’s going to take a while to calculate.

Michael