Snow in Temecula, California

My sister called this afternoon to say that for the first time they have lived there (12+ years), it snowed today in Temecula. She said it even stuck a bit and was very large sized flakes with pretty good snow fall. No inch or anything like that, but was unusual for them.

Location of Temecula

just wait until the day after tomorrow then!

Actually, I told her to start looking for tornados… She didn’t know what I meant though so it was lost on her.

LOL, exactly

what is the elevation?

Roughly in the 1000 ft level I think.

North of there this morning, north east of Mojave California, we had snow sticking at the 2200 foot level and it was snowing but not sticking at the 1800 level. Very odd how this little storm came out of no place and not a single weather guesser that I know of predicted anything like what it turned out to be.

Alas, no rain over a trace at my place proper, and no snow at all there. But, we did have wind speeds of 39 MPh last night with the little storm.

Darrell

WOW 8O

Turns out that yesterday and today, Southern California got quite a dusting of snow. Up to 3 ft in the San Gabriel mountains near where I grew up, and up to a foot in the Riverside area and some desert areas. Something they called a backslider where the low over AZ picked up moisture from the Gulf of Cal and pumped into the Southern Cal’s Cold air and made the sparkly stuff.

Northern AZ got snow too and several Sky resorts are opening this week for a very unusual Pre-ThanksGiving opening.

Twas and has been a bit nippy here too but that is only for folks used to weather around here. Mid 50’s is cold for some people.

Of course 105 is only a warm day for the same people so you have to take that with a grain of salt.

Perceptions of hot/cold does vary dramatically. About 10 years ago I went to Australia on holiday and spent a few days in Alice Springs. We got off the plane to be hit by a wall of heat. In the taxi to the hotel we asked the driver if it was a particularly hot day. He said “No, just warm”. We asked what the temp was, to be told 45degC (113 degF). He went on to say they don’t say it’s hot until it reaches 50degC (122 degF)!

I was here in the Temecula, California area… was unreal!! Very neat though…

Take a look at some of the pictures…
http://www.temeculaweather.com

Nice looking site Stuntman.