HB Moisture Meter tags flatlining

Dear Brian,
I have installed Hobby Boards moisture meter (the new version with up to 4 sensors) and have come up to this strange issue:

Tags %VPsoilmoisture% and %VPleaf% are not updated, actually just once once WD is started. Then they go flatlining despite dallas1wirereader constantly showing updated values from the sensors.

This is what I think were the correct steps for a setup:

1. Moisture meter wired to a powered 1-wire network
  2. One soil moisture sensor connected to channel 1 and one leaf wetness sensor connected to channel 2
  3. Channel 2 allocated to leaf wetness in HB1wirereader
  4. Moisture meter set up in dallas1wirereader with Hobby boards type ticked and saved while WD not running
  5. dallas1wirereader now reading values from both sensors (soil moisture value showed up immediately in the soil moisture field and channel 2’s raw value appeared in the rolling log window)
  6. In WD I use 2 tags to get current data from sensors - %VPsoilmoisture% for sensor 1 and %VPleaf2% for sensor 2 (leaf wetness)

As stated above, I get just first update of values in tags upon WD start, no other values are updated then periodically (I have to restart WD again to get updated values).

How could I correct the problem? Maybe something wrong in the wdisplay.ini?
I’ve added some screenshots to support the issue.

Thanks for help!

Could I please ask for some reaction? The problem still persists with the newest version. Thank you!

Hi :wave:
Running version 4.4 hb reader
I have the new hb moisture sensors

Channel 1 to 3 soil sensors

Channel 4 wetleaf

main window customise I use tags. %VPsoilmoisture% %VPsoilmoisture2% %VPsoilmoisture3%
Wet leaf :four_leaf_clover: they are updateing for me on the wd main page

The extra sensor real time graphs

Is not updating the data :frowning:

It would be amazing . some how to graph the soil data

Thanks

@ centor
try the latest .zip update
@MichaelPT
the soil data is graphed on the Solar/UV/ET real time graph

I tried the new update, but still no luck. I get new value from %VPleaf2% just upon WD start, despite 1wirereader showing new raw values instantly.

Unfortunately I am still stuck with the same problem - moisture values flatlining. I found out, that for some reason, the soil moisture and leaf wetness values are not updated in the registry section “wdisplayftp.ini/1 wire reader” - I suppose that’s the place where WD takes the values from and updates the tags. How could it be when other values in the registry are updated ok? It is very strange indeed, as 1wirereader shows updated values correctly in the debug window… 8O

Thanks for help.

when you say 1 wire reader, do you mean the WD HB 1 wire reader program?

No, I mean the original 1wirereader that is launching every time with WD, the one in the screenshot attached…

WD gets the data from the registry value as you found
are you saying that value only updates once on start up of the dallas 1 wire reader program?
(note you need to force a refresh of the value you see with regedit.exe)

Precisely. And those moisture values are static, that’s why they’re flatlining in the realtime graph…

I am not sure why they are only updating once at the start up of the dallas 1 wire reader program to the registry
I lost the source code to that program years ago,when I had a hard drive crash, so I can’t update it. sorry

Nevermind. I will try to get around it somehow. Thank you anyway…

maybe you could have a script or similar close and then restart it on a regular basis