Can weather display create this page

Hello,

Ive been looking at different ways of creating my home page and to be honest all I want is a replica of my wunderground live page (html not rapid fire) I have attached a screenshot to show what I mean. I have my website template sorted with nav bar and design, I have tried embedding my wunderground html page and it works very well but there are adverts and the annoying banner advert at the top.

So, if I could get WD to produce what you see in the image, and update it every 16 seconds I would be very happy with that. I understand that the wind dial is a graphic which animates constantly and may not be possible to reproduce.

Michael

Picture1.png

you could use the idesign templates
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/idesign/lightversionclientraw.zip

Thanks Brian,

That looks great but unless I’m mistaken it depends on a wu api key and I have recently found out that the fastest api data rate from wu is about 5 minutes. I need a home page with 16 second update interval of all my stations data.

I’m getting tempted to just embed the wu page and put a message saying ‘scroll down to current conditions’.

Michael

it can be set to use your clientraw.txt file as the data source

Thanks Brian,

As soon as I saw ‘WU API’ key I thought oh dear that wont be fast enough.
Right then, tomorrow I will try it and let you know.

Michael

Hello,

I have uploaded the page to my site and it looks great, however im struggling to see where I tell it to look for my clientraw data and cannot find where to edit the stationcron.php lines of code.

Ive opened stationcron.php in Notepad** and cannot see which lines of code to edit ?

This is what I now want to use and hopefully edit the layout of the page too.

Michael

I got it working OK using the clientraw.txt file
see
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/idesign/demo/

you set the path to the clientraw.txt file in the settings.php file
ie.
$livedata = ‘…/…/…/data/clientraw.txt’; // path to raw data

make sure to be using the template version you download from
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/idesign/lightversionclientraw.zip

Thanks Brian,

I was looking in the wrong file.

Ok its working and its just great, but I need WD to upload the clientraw every 16 seconds and the template to read it every 16 seconds, and it looks like its fastest is 30 seconds ? Im sure I can work it out somehow :smiley:

Its great though, I will try and edit the template layout later to how I would like it. Thanks so much for this.

Michael

Hi Brian,

I think I have it working every 30 seconds although im not quite sure.
Here is a link to my test page:

weather.stageprint.co.uk/pws/index.php

Could you tell me, have I got the php refresh times correct, I set them to 30 for what I think is 30 seconds ?
Fantastic template, I really like it and cant wait to get my site finished now with my streaming webcam.

Michael

I do not know where you changed something to 30.
If it is in .js it is in milliseconds.
Only in .php it is in seconds.
Your page is generating hundreds of errors per second in the browser. Just try Chrome, right click and choose inspect.
The standard download with only the settings file and clientraw location changed runs with only the warnings about the font-files .
In the attached screenshot the 26221 is the number of errors, the 4360 is the number of complaints about the error with the font-files.

Wim

P.S.
You changed inside index.php the refreshtimes in javascript, for instance the indoor temp refresh = 60 seconds:

var refreshId = setInterval(indoor, 60000);

but you changed it to 30 milliseconds

var refreshId = setInterval(indoor, 30); 

So change it back to normal values by adding the three zero’s,

Wim

Hi Wim,

My poor server, I had them all set to 30 miliseconds !!
Im surprised it didn’t just shut down, ok now all set to 30000 miliseconds.

Am I correct that WD cannot write clientdraw any faster to my server than 30 seconds ?

I think this template is excellent and I found it quite easy to install, my thanks to all who worked on it.

Michael

Michael: Is your moon data correct? My sunrise/set is correct, but the moon rise/set is way off. Since they both (presumably) use the same lat/long I don’t understand that :?

Incorrect. There are users updating clientraw each few seconds so it can be done, but I’m not one of them.

Hello Michael,
There is only one author for this template, another brilliant “Brian”, this time from Turkey, not from New Zealand.
There are different versions of this template, this one is for clientraw.txt files.

The minimum for the update frequency of WD has to be answered by the WD-Brian
But be aware that clientraw is uploaded by FTP.
Not that many hosting companies allow very frequent FTP uploads as FTP is an old and inefficient protocol.

Succes, Wim

Hi Niko and Wim,

I haven’t checked the other data like sun / moon etc, but now that I know how to use this I will check everything and try to get it accurate to my station data. I will report back here if I have success with sun / moon.

Ok, with regards to updating clientraw I will leave it for now, Brian from WD has done enough for me already.

Yes the ftp upload did concern me, I am on a budget server which has been excellent so far and I don’t want to risk messing it up. Ive tested this template on my mobile phone and all major browsers and it works great, I just have to decide whether to set up some sort of ‘auto-refresh’ or just put a message on saying ‘refresh your browser for latest data’.

All I have to do now is set it all up and get my other info and webcam on and then im ready to tell people its finished. :smiley:

Michael

you can set the update and upload rate of the clientraw.txt file in WD, uploaded by the clientrawrealtimeftp.exe
in the webfiles/web page setup, Real time ftp setup

Thanks Brian,

Will try this tomorrow and hopefully get the site finished.

I hope you sell some more wd licenses for other owners of my station or similar, I sent a message to the retailer to say it now supports it.

Michael

I hope you sell some more wd licenses for other owners of my station or similar, I sent a message to the retailer to say it now supports it.
Thanks for doing that :wink: WD sales are slowly getting less and less, soon I might have to find another way to make an income :(

Hi Brian,

Reading your post above:
Have you contacted Campbell Scientific lately, i should give them a call/email till you hear something.
They dont have software for sale which Does it all…with campbell you have to “program” all in cr basic, which i think scares people.
With wd people can select their sensors and all is shown.
Just a thought.

Cheers,

Mark

I do not think they are interested, they stopped communicating with me…for some reason

I can email them about wd, if you dont mind.
I can post on their forum About wd…"the all in one weather software Without the hassle about programming in cr basic.
(Although they might remove topics about other software, which would be strange. …)

As long as they dont use your copy you gave them for developing their own all in one software.
Will inform you when i hear something…

Cheers,

Mark