sun Recorder

Hi everybody

I been playing around for some time ,Trying to make a sun recorder, I have made several and tested them out in the field
and I came up with problems regarding angles, So I Went back to the drawing board and made a new prototype
this looks promising as I have altered everything Based from my observations from the previous Versions

It’s a stand-alone unit, very easy to make, and can be altered to connect to one wire system
Please see PDF file

This prototype is being tested at the moment,

Link below goes to the previous project and latest project see notes at the bottom of my webpage

Warning Important

This is a very early prototype

When making this project - testing, please do not leave unsupervised IN FULL SUN UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETELY STOPPED ANY
Magnifying process that may occur using the clear hemisphere glass dome

Suggestion
Use some Very fine sandpaper on the domed part to make it non-magnifying it should be a whitish semitransparent finish

Then continue testing and repeat the process with the sandpaper until no magnifying is possible

Please note the red glass filter .I am using is to diffused the focus magnifying Within the tube
Is a test I am currently trying out

Suggestion
Use some Very fine sandpaper on the domed part to make it non-magnifying it should be a whitish semitransparent finish

interesting
so it like sends a pulse switch to the clock counter?

The clock /counter is connected to the rely by wire
The crystal half sphere ball Is Like having a fish eye
Lens, when full sun it’s the glass a small spot of light
It’s the inside of the tube , the first Campbell

Warning Important

This is a very early prototype

When making this project - testing, please do not leave unsupervised IN FULL SUN UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETELY STOPPED ANY
Magnifying process that may occur using the clear hemisphere glass dome

Suggestion

Then continue testing and repeat the process with the sandpaper until no magnifying is possible

Please note the red glass filter .I am using is to diffused the focus magnifying Within the tube
Is a test I am currently trying out

Suggestion

Please see image of the glass dome unfocused by using fine sandpaper on the surface of the dome to a semi transparent finish

Update
For optimum results
you need a LED
voltage from 08

glass dome frosted with sandpaper.png

sunshine recorder.png