Snow tags in inches

Hi Brian,

I wonder, if you get a chance, if you could add tags that would correspond to these already present but reflecting snow tallies in inches?

%avgSeasonSnow%…Average total seasonal snow (cm)
%recordsnowyear%…Maximum seasonal snow total (cm)
%recordsnowyearseason%…Year that occurred

Thanks,
Roger

try a new .zip update
where those tags will show inches instead of cm if not mm for rain in WD ticked

Hi Brian,
Hmmm, still getting zeroes, did I miss something?

$recordsnowyear = ‘0’; //Maximum seasonal snow total (cm)
$recordsnowyearseason = ‘0’; //Year that occurred

Thanks

but you did not say you were getting zeros in the first place?

Sorry, I always got zeros from those tags. I assumed that was because the tags were reading centimeters while all my snow entries were in inches.

if you could .zip and email me your xxxxlg2.txt logfiles, I will test/check here

sent xxxxlg2txt.zip
thanks

I have found and fixed a few errors

Hi Brian,

Now I’m getting some values returned for those two tags but things still don’t seem right. %recordsnowyear% value is way off, it should be 62.5 inches or it’s metric equivalent.

%recordsnowyearseason% is returning just one year but I’m using a July-June season.

$recordsnowyear = ‘403.30’; //Maximum seasonal snow total (cm) Should be 158.75cm, as I play around with it it seems that the inch to centimeter multiplier has been applied twice. (403.30 * .393701 * .393701 = 62.51)
$recordsnowyearseason = ‘2014’; //Year that occurred Should be 2013/2014. If it’s operating correctly I can easily code in the prior year on the webpage.

Thanks,
Roger

%recordsnowyearseason% is returning just one year but I'm using a July-June season.
try a new .zip again for that

for the other problem: remind me…the snow totals in the lg2.txt file…they are always in cm…or?

just loaded new zip.

I though the snow total in the lg2.txt file was snow on the ground, in any case I enter all snow amounts into WD in inches but it looks like the lg2.txt file has it converted to centimeters.

Checked new zip…
old zip showed 2014
new zip shows 2014/2015 but record season was 2013/2014

thanks

any case I enter all snow amounts into WD in inches but it looks like the lg2.txt file has it converted to centimeters.
yes, that is how I remembered it works (I was just wondering why you thought i was double converting) i will investigate the record season year issue

ps, what is your snow season start month set to?

I discovered I was converting from cm to inches the wrong way
use a new .zip update, ready now, and all should be OK

Hi Brian,

Ahh, the wrong way conversion would explain it!

I’ll D/L new zip tonight after work and try it.

I use month 7 as the start month for both snow and heating degree days.

Thanks!!
Roger

Hi Brian,

Both tags are working well!
Thanks for all your time.
Roger