Fine Offset thermometer - location of sensor?

Hi

Does anyone know where the temperature sensor (or thermistor?) is located in the transmitter module for the Fine Offset WH1080 weather station?

See attached an image of its insides. I thought it may be the white square component but that’s actually for humidity.

Thanks!

I would expect it to be connected to the pads marked “NTC”. That’s for Negative Temp Coefficient = a thermistor sensor which would be a small plastic bead with two legs. The soldering of the RH sensor looks very untidy so I wouldn’t exclude that someone has messed with it :wink:

Interestingly I just checked and there’s nothing soldered into the ‘NC’ pads. It’s a bit of a mystery as to where the sensor is!

It would be me who messed with it - it’s a unit that’s not working any more. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have more pictures, the other side etc.?

See attached. :slight_smile:

I can get sharper images if that’d help.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Also this photo shows a component (circled in red) - not sure what that is?

Unlikely, by appearance and location. Could it be on the underside of the little board with the rh sensor?

I managed to get a photo of the underside of the RH board… not sure there’s anything here that’s the sensor though. I can’t think where it could be! :lol:

captur16.PNG

Just thought, maybe it’s the component 2nd from left (in the row of 5 in the above image)?

I think you’re right :smiley: