A tad damp this morning

Tis a bit wet, clearing up now though

Untitled.png

Topped out at 30.6mm thats good going…

whats the graph trace on the bottom, in black?

Ah, thats the Rain duration sensor :slight_smile:

I see that One of the wettest places in NZ (Milford sound) has just had its wettest may
1,300 mm for just may
just to put things in perspective :wink:
what is your average may rain total, e.g if ony say 70mm then 30mm in 1 day is alot

I also see that Texas has had record rain totals too

alot of the ocean is warmer than normal currently, which is leading to warmer atmosphere, and warmer air can hold more moisture…and so can cause heavier rain episodes

Yeah, that makes sense :frowning:

Average for May is 50mm the wettest average month is October at 70mm

Total YTD here 252mm

30mm for a day is alot when your average is only 50 for the whole month

Yeah, for sure, but then last year, up north had 316.4mm (12.45in) of rain that fell at Seathwaite Farm in Borrowdale 8O
Although they have a more than i do down here, that was a once in a 1800 year downpour (statistically speaking)

Still dont top your NZ though 8O and that still has away to go to beat the 1,825mm of rain that tropical cyclone Denise
dropped on Reunion Island in the Indian ocean in 24 hours in 1966. 8O

the wettest places in NZ (in the ranges) can get from time to time (i.e every few years) 500 to 600mm in 24 hours though

Be interesting to see the rainfall over the past day or so in France and Germany as there has been severe and in some cases flash flooding and there have been some deaths. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36429381.

Stuart