New up and coming weather station, 'Weather Flow'

Hi Brian,
Can you check the Solar Radiation output.
Today it reached over 30,000 WM/2!

Thanks!

I think its only providing a LUX reading currently?
(which I would then need to convert to solar wm/2)

Ok I’m not sure. Just found it’s the same on WF output and i missed zero, its 300,000 W/M2
I’ll check with WF and let you know.

Brian,

New beta software has been released, not sure if anything has changed but here is the latest info on the UDP messages

https://weatherflow.github.io/SmartWeather/api/udp/v30/

I saw that
and I have upgraded my Hub firmware so I can get a push upgrade of the latest firmware to make sure it still works with WD etc

OK, my HUB is on vers 30
and WD is working OK with that (for AIR data anyway)

Also upgraded to 3 and see no issues with SKY through WD at this stage.

I am hoping to get a SKY unit soon :slight_smile:

There is a small change coming to the unit in the next couple of weeks, so it’ll be best you get one of these.

Brian, Is your Air a beta unit or a production unit (if you know)? I was wondering if you could try and get some history from the Air and see what happens. Just run it for a while, shutdown WD and restart it again a few hours later and see if it gets data. I have a production unit and WD does get history data but some of the data it gets is bad. Or at least really wacky numbers end up in the log file and not sure if it is WD doing it or if the hub is sending bad data.

just did a test here of 6 hours of data
and all looks good
(for AIR data)
with WD,the history data is actually retrieved from the weatherflow servers and not the Hub direct

I have fixed some problems now with getting history data from the SKY unit (now that I have one :slight_smile: )

was able to use a user with a SKY unit that set his up under a tap to simulate rain
and have fixed where the rain in the history data was not been picked up by WD
use build 64 update :slight_smile:

helps when you have the hardware :slight_smile:
(just now need a good storm to get my SKY unit (the wind/rain sensor) …one due here next week
the solar and UV is working great too

Thanks Brian, just updated. We’ll see how it goes. Thanks!

Do we have any confirmed info on the radio links between sensors and WiFi Hub ?
The FAQ and specs only say “Wireless 300m (1000ft++) sub-Ghz telemetry”
I could be interested but prefer not to interfere with other local equipment or blow receiver frontends when I ransmit :wink:

they do have a forum where you could ask?
https://community.weatherflow.com

I searched the FCC database for “weatherflow” and found two device registrations but none for the weather station :?

It would be interesting to know what, if any, FCC number is on any of the units.

OK found the info on there support pages in the end 868/915 dependent on region of course;

Just downloaded the latest with the WF sensor name additions, and seems to be working well. The THSW indication on the main page is now working ok too.

I am so tempted to get a Weatherflow setup. But my Davis VP2 has been so good to me - 14 years now and still working perfectly. I hate spending money on something that still works fine.

But with the change of times I hardly use my desktop PC anymore. As far as I can tell it would cost me over $200 to make my VP2 upload to the internet (mainly interested in Weather Underground) by itself.

Is there any value in my 14 year old Davis station? At least that would help with the cost. Since I had to stop working 6 years ago $229 for a new station is a lot of money.