ConsoleWD for PI and new Weatherstation

I’ve been using the ConsoleWD for PI with my old WM-918. I’m using it mainly for uploading to Wunderground. I’m using the RAPIDFIRE protocol for the upload. Everything was working fine till last weekend. Since then I was getting more and more that my TEMP was out of reach. I’ve had this 5 years ago too, but then I was also having an old spare WM-918, so replacing the TEMP gauge was the solution. But I ran now out of spare parts. After 20 years of service, it is time for a new station.

So I’m looking for a station that can connect to my PI, use ConsoleWD and sent with RAPIDFIRE in max 10 sec interval to WUNDERGROUND. I only need TEMP, RAIN and WIND info. Budget max. EURO 200 (US$ 220). What would be the advice?

the Fineoffset type station maybe? (WH1081)

I finally bought a new weather station. Ambient Weather WS-1001-WIFI OBSERVER (or in my case, bought it at CONRAD, so the name is a bit different). The station is reporting by itself to WU. But I like to use my CONSOLEWD on the PI, because I also create my own pages.

I did found some software on the net that makes it possible to see the output of the weatherstation on my PC. So now the question is, is it possible to connect it with the CONSOLEWD. If so, what is the TYPE nr to choose in the config, and what is the PORTNR it is standard using?

the windows version of WD, i.e weather display
supports this station type now
I could add support for a direct socket connection to consolewd for linux running
(are you using it on a 32 bit linux or a raspberry pi, or?)

Wow, that would be great if you can add this. I’m using it on the PI. At the moment I’m using Weather Display vers WD_console_12.3

to be able to add support, I would need to be able to test…e.g if you could port forward the IP address and port and email me that?

Just did sent you an e-mail as requested.

It’s almost 1 year ago. My WS-1001 is still working fine, but it was only sending the data to WU and was creating the ws1001.json file. Because I also liked to start using the WEEWX station, I found a nice extra part for the updateweatherstation.php. https://obrienlabs.net/redirecting-weather-station-data-from-observerip/. This is based on a SOCKET. And indeed, the WEEWX is now connecting with the data coming from the WS-1001.

Because I still having running the CONSOLEWD on the same PI2, but still not able to connect it to the WS-1001. A year ago you were tailking about adding a socket option, but then the idea was to catch the data direct form the WS-1001. Because I have it now working with the PI in the middle, it would be a nice idea if the WDCONSOLE can also use this same socket and if possible with the same data structure. But adding an extra SOCKET and or data section is also possible. If the CONSOLEWD is working with this station, then I can switch of the Weewx again.

I do have it working via direct socket connection for WD for windows (to the version of the station with a console)
I did work on getting it working with the PI 3 version of consolewd
I have a feeling I did
I cant remember if I got it working (there might be another thread about it, maybe check on that?)

I know that we had e-mail contact in that period. You then focused first on getting the Windows version working. THat was at the end working with the use of the WS1001.JSON file option. But I can’t remember (or can find anything about it in the forum) that the PI version was able to do this. Maybe you did this for the PI3. But I’m having the PI 2 model B. Any idea if you made it working for that model?

Hi
I did try to get it work with the pi 3 (and if it works with that then I can get it to work with the pi 1/2)
I cant remember if I succedded
there might be some thread about it here on the linux forum, maybe see if you can find it?

Well, if you made an updated version, then the question is, where to find it? Because if I have a look in the PINNED subject about how to install the PI version, it is pointing to http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/consolewdfilespi.zip. And at that version, all files are from 2014.

OK, I found this topic “ObserverIP consolewd rpi3” Here you made a version in which the METEO BRIDGE is added. But a meteobridge is using an id an dpassword. I my case I only need an IP-address (or hostname) and a portnummer that can listen to the data. Also this version is the 64bit version. Don’t think that my PI 2B is 64 bit?

what I will need to do is next time I am at my brothers place, who has a WiFi station, and see if I can get the raspberry pi version working

If you like, I can also create a SOCKET to the internet, so you can use that to read the data. I still have your email address from last year, then I will sent you the info. Let me know if you need it.

And 1 extra point: Since a few days my ISP has changed from FTP to SFTP. Nice that the like to be SECURE, but at the moment my consoleWD can’t upload the data anymore to my ISP. Is the CONSOLEWD also able to provide SFTP traffic?

no, there is not, sorry
unless you can find a SFTP program to upload the files (e.g via a script or similar)

one solution is to have a web site like meteotemplate.com based, where the data is updated via HTTP instead
( and so I would add support for the meteotemplate API)