WS-1001 data direct to WD?

Hi Brian,

There is now a known method (not by me, posts on Wxforum, happy to provide further details) of getting the WS-1001 and clones to send data to local source/web server as well as firing off to WU. An example of the output is shown below:

{“updated”:“8:55:06”,“outsideTemp”:“64.4”,“outsideHumidity”:“98”,“humiditytrend”:“98”,“dewpoint”:“63.9”,“dewpointtrend”:“63.9”,“windchill”:“64.4”,“heatindex”:null,“feels”:“64.4”,“windDir”:“117”,“windSpeed”:“0.0”,“windGust”:“0.0”,“rainrate”:“0.00”,“raintoday”:“0.08”,“rainweek”:“0.14”,“rainmonth”:“0.14”,“rainyear”:“3.76”,“radiation”:“117.80”,“UV”:“1”,“indoorTemp”:“69.3”,“indoorHumidity”:“76”,“barometer”:“30.34”,“absbarometer”:“30.21”,“indoortrendTemp”:“69.3”,“indoortrendHumidity”:“76”,“trendTemp”:“64.4”,“windtrend”:“0.0”,“windgusttrend”:“0.0”,“trendbarometer”:“30.34”,“solartrend”:“117.80”,“softwaretype”:“WS-1001 V2.2.9”,“month”:“May”,“year”:“2016”,“day”:“Friday”,“realtime”:“1”,“rtfreq”:“5”,“status”:“updateraw”,“timestamp”:1462481706,“timeutc”:“2016-5-5 20:54:56”,“power”:true}

I have tried via scripts playing around with the output trying to format the data to match some of the existing import methods in WD, but with little success. (my scripting skills are abysmal).

Would it be possible to have a raw WD format import facility from file - or even get an idea of the data format type that will work with an existing WD import method?

It would be great to be able to get WS-1001 data directly into WD without relying on WU internet access. Anybody else out there wanting this too?

Kind regards,

Ian.

Hi
If you can get that data into a .txt file in that same format
then I can add ability to WD to use that file as a data source

Hi Brian,

That I can easily do :slight_smile: changing the name of the output file in the script is simple. Its the formatting of the data within the file I was having trouble with.

Regards,

Ian.

I can get WD to that,if WD can get access to the file

Yes again - already in place, its currently outputting to ws1001.json, I can rename or get it to output another file with a .txt extension - the location I have mine is accessible via SMB file access internally.

Hi
it does not really matter what file name…as I can add to WD where you select that file to import…
if you could email me the file then I can add this support

File sent

Hi
it has not arrived…can you try sending it again?
maybe zip the file first and then send that

ah, I see you sent to my gmail…

added support for this now to the latest .zip update
(see in the stationless setup)

Have it running in a test environment - its looking good so far, updates much faster. Will leave it running for 24 hours to compare with my Prod WD and get back to you.

Much obliged, this is a great improvement on WU updates!

Regards,
Ian.

it reads the file every 5 seconds :slight_smile:

After letting it run for nearly 24 hours I am just finding the pressure is not updating at all. In fact this zip update version does not seem to be updating if I switch back to using WU either.

Good news is that all other values are matching the console - much better that using WU - more frequent and precise data. Its great. :slight_smile:

I will check the code 're barometer problem
When I get home later today from a conference

Hi
I have checked the barometer, and that is parsed OK from what is in the raw file (for the barometer data)
is that raw data value changing?
what do you have set as the baro offset in WD?

Hi,

To date I have not been using an offset in WD - I have set an offset in the WS1001 however. I also have “Use QFE barometer” unchecked.

looking at the current import file (barometer":“30.39”,“absbarometer”:“30.26”) with my calcs this comes out at and 1029.12 and 1024.72 - WD is stuck on 1027 (unchanged in 24 hours or so) - WU station is showing 1029, and has been changing.

Can now confirm changes in the raw files too (after waiting for 45 mins or so) which then match the settings my WU station is showing.

Regards,

Ian.

hummm
if you could .zip and email me the latest raw file used
and your WD settings files, wdisplay.ini and wdisplayftp.reg
after going action, back up registry entry now, in WD

Sent to your gmail…

Hi
I have your settings
as I suspected
at some stage you have set a 400hpa barometer offset
see the attached screen shot

go to control panel,offsets and initial rain
set the offset as 0 (enter that in the box), click on set, then click on OK

I can presume that was the problem and you have fixed it , going by your web site data
http://wsx.centratus.com/wsx
which has the barometer changing