Banner request

This banner Is for my parents site that I run for them In Fernwood, Idaho.

There current banner shows snow, so I thought It would be time to get it updated.

I’ve attached a picture that they took from there property, hopefully It will work.

The current banner size is 800x100.

Thanks

It looks like the site is not updating.

Live Updates Error: clientraw.txt file has not been updated for 9 hours, 31 minutes. We are currently fixing technical difficulties. Live updates will resume soon.

Mark

They live out in the sticks. There power and phone lines always go out for no reason.

Nice location :smiley:

The problem is that 100px is really small, so it will be only a fraction of the original image height. So you should maybe specify which part of the image (vertically) you want to have on the final image.

In the center of the image, is the town. So maybe have that centered In the banner. And have “Fernwood Weather” for the text.

OK I will make several versions tomorrow during lunch break in my office, I have better PC and some better SW there to do it.

Cool… Thanks

OK, so I first adjusted the image a little bit - added contrast, corrected the colors, slightly emphasized the sky.

I then chose the middle section for the final banner, but I am also attaching the modified image and if you like some other part of the image better let me know and I can change it. Likewise, Im not sure if you prefer some modern type of font or some old-style font so I made several versions but that can all be changed too.

So have a look and let me know if you want to use one of the attached or make some changes

Best regards
Jachym

Here is the rest

I like the V1 banner… But could you move the text towards the top and maybe round the corners, or add some type of border around the banner? Sorry for being picky.

Hi,
I pushed the text a bit to the top, slightly reduced the brightness of the bg to make the text stand out.

I didn

Hi, just wondering, did that last version worked? I made the changes based on your last comment, but havent heard from you since then (also in the parallel thread)

Per my other thread in chat, my main pc went down so i haven’t had a chance to try that banner. Once i get my new parts, ill get that banner updated and let you know.

Finally got the banner updated and it looks good and my parents like it. Thanks