Davis Anemometer not reading on console ?

Tonight I see my console i working all function , except the wind and direction .
My set .
Davis pro 2 6 to 8 yrs old
anemometer with add on wireless solar panel . no reading
rain collector wireless this is reading good

Do I need to start with the solar panel ?
I cant remember if there is batteries .
I can’t remember if the cable from the anemometer is internal attach or if thats replaceable
Any recommendation where to start
I would thank you
Rick

The solar panels rarely go out, regardless of what they look like. How long has it been since you have replaced the battery? The anemometer connects to the ISS board with a phone jack plug “rj9.” You could try unplugging it and make sure everything is clean and make sure no water has gotten in there. Do you get wind speeds/direction during daylight hours or none at all? Also, if your cleaning the plug for the anemometer, you might as well check your supercap while your at it since its right there to make sure its not blown out.

I Dont remember the batteries . maybe never since installed .
This weekend , I be on the roof to check those connection and replace batteries
Thanks
Rick

The battery type is a cr123, get the lithium.

If you are getting all your outside readings but wind, I’d check the socket where the unit plugs into the ISS and make sure it is plugged in. The next would be a broken wire in the lead check where the lead is and where it is tied down and look there first, then along the wire. next question, the unit is rotating right?

solar would affect everything.

Hello Rick…

Do you have the OPTIONAL Anenometer Transmitter kit for you davis Wind Instruments, OR is your wind Instrument Sensor Plugged into the same ISS As your rain and THermometer Unit?

if you do have the optional anenometer tranmitter solar panel and your wind sensor is seperate from your other sensors/ISS then the directions in PDF for it are here…

http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/manuals/07395-137_IM_06330.pdf

Most likely you need to replace the Battery in it as they dont last forever. after you have replaced the battery you may need to go into setup mode on your Davis Console and set the additional ISS unit for the wind to 'Wind"

to read how to enter setup mode and set transmitter 2 to WIND…Look at the attached image below…

pretty much what you do is this…Enter setup mode on console…wait a few minutes till you see the flashing X in lower right screen that it is receiving data from transmitters…then use the left/right arrows and go to transmitter 2, make sure it is set to ON Using the up down arrows, then push the Graph button and make sure transmitter 2 is set to WIND and NOT ISS, Because transmitter one should be set to ISS and the additional tranmitter 2 for wind set to transmitter 2, set to ON and set to Wind so that it works.

I would replace Battery first and see if it starts working on its own and then go into setup mode and double check that ttransmitter 2 is set to WIND.

…chris

Hi,

Mine did the same and it was the ISS that had broken. All the other readings were good except for wind speed and direction. I replaced the whole ISS and everything worked again.

Paul

I be checking it someday , I hope soon .Its been snowy and icey here . I so sick of this crap too … Looks like a blizzard outside now .
Rick

Rick… When i go to your site, im seeing this… Pic attached.

Since e rice shit down . It mess me up …
Maybe one day I’ll get back up and going
Rick

Oh… Ok… Just wasn’t sure and thought Id ask.

I glad you told me about it . I went and turn that off . I forgot that …
Since e rice shit down . I mess it . basic price with no problems for almost 10 years …
So I have the eqe running here with wd and the weather computer . Just no web site …
Rick