WS 2305 LaCrosse after 5 min connected to PC failure

After 5 mins connected to the PC my station says at the outdoor readings “—”. also the computer file says “—” . File reading from the station is ok .but again after 5mins the same problem. Can anyone help me?

Greetz,

hi
what does it say across the top of the WD window title bar?
also, do you have the correct outdoor sensor # to use set under view, ws2010/ws2500 data setup?
also, what is the raw baro reported there?

I cannot find the raw barometer there. Sensors = 1

my fault, i was thinking you had a ws2500 station
but its a ws2310 you have
(double check the weather station type maybe?)
now,ok, does the data received light flash at all?

Yes, it’s a 2305, the data light flashes. With the orginal heavyweather software the same problem.

With the orginal heavyweather software the same problem.
then i think you might have a faulty unit this has occured to a few other people see if you can get a new console but also, make sure or find out if the cable from the console to the pc is the correct one (the one for the ws2310 type station is unique for that station)

I tryes also that with another console. I tryed it also wireless, but the problem stays. If connected longer than 5 min sometimes the sensors give a reading, but mostly not.

Just a shot in the dark -
Try moving the console around. You might be getting some interference through the serial cable somehow.

No, that won’t change a thing. It’s running on a 200 mhz pc, working fine so far (until 5 mins). If i try to run it on my other pc, 1ghz, with the same ini file, WD is starting up, but gives no measuring. (Comm port is ok and the right one).

I tryes it wireless, directly to the pc with 1 meter cable. now it

Hi
I’m new on this discussion group, I’m French
I guess it’s a similar problem to mine:
If I connect the WS2305 to my labtop (dell latitude D600) after a couple of minute the wind indicate OFL (more than 12 beaufort) and wind direction is erratic.
This happen only if the labtop is on the power cord if I use the internal battery all OK, so I suspect a problem of ground in COM Port and I’m experienced an optocoupler to get a galvanic insulation
Hope that help
[email protected]

That’s the same problem, my wind reading sometimes shows OFL. Sometimes after another 20-30 mins there’s a reading, but mostley not.

but these problems sound like electrical interference feed back from the com port
so
you need to replace the cable between the temp/hum sensor and the windspeed (and even the rain gauge)
with twisted pair cable, i.e CAT5 cable
that will fix it

(this is well documented, and is under the help/hints /faq on this forum.
all resellers of there weather stations should be doing this for you i think

But when it’s used wireless with 1,5 connection cable to the pc there is also this problem. Only if the pc is not connected there is no problem with reading. using 10 metres flat cable between sensor,10 metres gauge, 10 metres windsensor, 10 metres base, 10 metres PC.

humm
i would still try replacing that cable…as its unshielded as it is now…
and the pc cable to the base station could be acting like a transmitter…transmitting interference
also check the grounding of you pc maybe

Also i noticed : when the program runs, and i connect the cable, it’s reading everything, but then everything freezes. Only the indoor hum and indoor temp keeps running.

just to Q, what is the barometer reading?
(console and pc screen)

At this moment 1013 hpa, also on the program…

do you live at a high altitude?

No, below sea level…