updating gauges...

Hello. Trying to update steel gauges to get rid of the rainrate problems which i could see during a thundershower this morning. Rain rate jumping wildly from say 0.5 inch an hour to 0.1 in a second or two. Looking at the forum, i can see an update which possibly fixes this. I havent updated since the gauges were set up initially. Downloaded the latest files and updated the gauges.js and customclientrawlocal.txt but all i get is (see attachment). What have i missed?. I updated my server with the old files again and its back working. Any ideas?

Cheers Steve

http://www.llanelliweather.co.uk/steelseries/gauges-ss-basic.htm

please put back
the new version…what is it saying in the scroller display ? … only Not Found ?

where did you get the update ?..just to be shure :wink:

I suspect you may have a few more files to update. If you put up a test version of the new page I can probably take a look tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies both.

I think i may have sorted it. Put both new files, gauges.js and the clientraw into my server and overwrote the old ones. When i checked the gauges.js on the server, i hadn’t entered the number 1 for Davis and the path to my clientraw. All is fine at the moment and i will keep an eye on the rainrate dial.

Cheers
Steve.

http://www.llanelliweather.co.uk/steelseries/gauges-ss-basic.htm

Edit…think i spoke too soon. Heavy rain at the moment. Rain rate gauge showing what wd says then dropping to 0 quickly. Then back up again a few seconds later.

#-o #-o #-o

I’ve noticed this problem with rain rate on the SteelSeries Gauges ever since I installed them. It’s bothersome, but not a deal breaker. Still, it sure would be nice to quash this bug.

see if you can make sure that the rain rate value is not going to zero in the customclientraw.txt file first?

It has been a while, but my ajax-dashboard69x displays the current rain rate and uses AJAX via clientraw.txt to maintain a current value. It never swung back to zero like the SteelSeries Gauge did, so the clientraw.txt value is OK. Unfortunately I don’t know about the customclientraw.txt value.

It looks like you’re still using version 2.4.4. Are you sure you got all the files moved over? I have 4 folders and 22 files uploaded to my server.

Ok Brian will check the customclientraw at the next rain event (which shouldn’t be long judging by the amount of rain we’re getting in the Uk)

Thanks Forever.
I used this version as i believe Mark fixed an issue with the rain rate around then. ps i only updated the gauges.js and replaced the customclientraw in my wd webfiles folder.

Cheers
Steve.

Hi steve,
I am also running v2.4.4 of the gauges and my rain rate gauge works fine. I am running one of the latest WD builds though - you are on build 79 still? Perhaps it is an issue with the data in the customclientraw that the old WD version produces. Have you thought about updating WD to the latest to see if that fixes the problem?

Ok Brian, here are some images taken this morning when it was raining.

Have been thinking of that Martyn. It may be a simple fix to go to the newest version. See what Brian thinks.
Perhaps lots of users with older versions like me and with ssgauges may not have noticed this issue unless you spend some time looking at the gauge.

Steve.

EBCDE302-89CF-4E17-96D4-E9F961D32D55.jpg

Nothing better to do than sit and stare at the gauges, eh Steve? :smiley:

Have not noticed this in my setup, but it’s supposed to start raining tomorrow with the possibility of lasting all week. Will keep an eye out. Note I am running v307 of WD and v2.5.9 of the gauges, both current. You might want to consider an update to one or both of those.

http://tiggrweather.net/wxssgauges.php

you could always try the latest version?

Ok John and Brian…will update Wd soon to the newest version to see if that has an effect.

Cheers.
Steve.

John…see your a radio ham. Was into that many years ago. Even had a Bfo made so i could listen to Ssb broadcasts. Thats how long ago it was. :wink:

Yeah, still just a tech, Steve (my situation prevents me from getting any additional equipment so a license upgrade would be useless). Use it mostly for Skywarn.

So the WDL console shows a rain rate 0.06, but the customclientraw is showing 0.00 - which is reflected in the gauge display?

which is why its suggested to be using the latest version of WD

Ah, OK I was just catching up, I didn’t see specific mention that the figures didn’t match. As no one else seems to be reporting the problem it seems an update is in order as you said.

Ok, updated Wd to the latest version but problem persists. See images below.
Rate reading correctly in Wd and Wdl but intermittent in Ssg. When Ssg was reading correctly a minute or so before i took these shots, Customclientraw was showing the correct figure, then suddenly reading 0.00 as in image.

Steve.
#-o

2016-01-05_16-48-10.jpg

2016-01-05_16-47-31.jpg

2016-01-05_16-48-35.jpg

2016-01-05_17-05-46.jpg

I guess you can upgrade the gauges to the 2.5.10 version to see if that will help.