New YouTube help videos for setting up WD :)

thanks Murray
viewing a missing detailed climate data in WD will create a date stamped output file
e.g if you view month 6 2008 a climatedataout62008.html file will get created in the web files folder so you can upload that

Murry, thanks for the correction.

Brian, tried a number of the blank dates I have showing. The files were created, but are essentially blank as far as data is concerned. Please see attachment (it’s the same for all I tried and for the full month - didn’t want to waste the space).

Thanks.

try converting that months logfile to date file
(there is now a youtube video on that)

Trying to start with the oldest - 52006, 52007, 52008, then 62006, etc. There are NO lg.txt files for any of those, nor any of the others that are missing. Also, it’s not only the baro data (that link was just an example), but ALL Wx data for the blank items shown on that link - http://tiggrweather.net/wxbarosummary.php - temp, rain, wind, etc., etc. Use the WX Summary item on the nav bar to see any others. The same months/years are missing data.

Thanks.

what happened to your data to loose it like that?

Brian, really wish I knew. Over 5 years of recent good data, but that huge missing chunk early on. As mentioned, I remember having to get the data from WU day by day (they don’t offer getting a full month at a time, or at least not the last time I looked), then combining that into one monthly file, etc., etc. It’s the etc., etc., that I’ve forgotten how to do.

Thanks.

I am going to do that video next…
but I am thinking I could automate that process…in WD…in an added function…or even a separate .exe…which you would leave running to do its thing…good idea?

Absolutely! Anything you can do to make it easier on this old withering brain will be most appreciated! :smiley:

Just discovered the YouTube videos. Nice job Brian! =D>

I have added a new wunderground import function, that is all automatic, to import a whole month of data (or selected days (this needs manual work after))
to this new version
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip
build 307

(see under action, import…wunderground csv import)

do back up the month/data file you are importing for first
only tested with my data…

Got 307, Brian. Will let you know.

Thanks!!

just to note that if you are using the function to fill in missing data for a month of data you have already, then its a bit more complicated
you would need to back up the existing logfile
then once you have done the import, slot in the new created logfile file (for that month) into the back up, where the missing data is, and then use action, convert WD logfiles to data files

Problems (of course).

The file for 62010lg.txt imported fine from WU. However, the data in it seems to be incorrect; the 34276.701 entry in column 9). Compare with 52010lg.txt which was properly loaded by WD way back then. The table display at http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KAZPHOEN59#history/tdata/s20100601/e20100601/mdaily appears to be OK. Did I miss ticking a box in the setup?

Also in test.jpg the text overrun in the upper circled item (assume it’s the same data as in the lower circled item). However, after clicking the convert log to graph button that file is nowhere to be found.

Thanks.

52010lg.txt (560 Bytes)

62010lg.txt (738 Bytes)

it worked OK here with my metric wunderground data…but I have not tested with non metric data…
what is your wunderground ID …and I will test/check here

KAZPHOEN59 (it’s in the link I posted - :wink: ).

Thanks.

post a snippet of what shows in the file
wudownloaddata.txt

also try a new update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

This is the entire file. Apparently does a day at a time and then the pieces on the fly.

Thanks.

wudownloaddata.txt (30.1 KB)

Using new WD I did another download (snip attached). Then did a convert log to data. That gave me 2 files - month62010.inf and month62010direction3.inf. Steps from here?

New download window is missing the convert buttons, etc. Has just the download area on the right side. Just for testing I suspect?

Thanks.

62010lg.txt (1.23 KB)

its all automatic
the conversion is done
thats why there is a .inf data file
you should see data after selecting that converted month under view ,av/ext