New YouTube help videos for setting up WD :)

Hi
Thought this will be a good way to show how to setup WD

http://www.weather-display.com/youtubevideos.php

Very good idea.

teal.

Excellent idea Brian! So much easier to follow than the written word.

Start of a series?!

Chris

yes, start of a series (as time permits)
:slight_smile:

I have been adding a help video daily lately…check out the latest additions :slight_smile:
http://www.weather-display.com/youtubevideos.php

Well done and appreciated, Brian. Keep 'em coming (as time permits).

any requests?
:wink:

maybe one on transferring from one computer to another or upgrading from ver 81 to the latest version.

Steve

yeah, the transfering WD and getting settings to me (related) I was thinking of doing, good idea, will do those today

I have added a video for backing up settings files/transfering WD to a new pc (basic outline )

Getting missing data from WU and preparing it for upload to WD

Replacing missing NOAA reports.

Searched for both but think they might have gone down with the drive failure.

Thanks.

re #2, do you mean like from view, avt ext, re create?
and re #1 do you mean to import into WD (instead of upload?)

As an example, please see http://tiggrweather.net/wxbarosummary.php. I started in 4/2006, and the black holes between then and now used to have data. Don’t know how it got lost. I got a lot filled in by downloading all WU data for a full month (day by day unfortunately), then putting that into a single file (something like 82010wu.csv), and then getting that to wind up in WD filling in a missing month of soup to nuts data. When my HD crashed so did my instructions and all the data I had previously loaded.

The NOAA Report and Monthly Report normally created at 0000; e.g., dailynoaareport, etc. Yes, recreate and import.

Thanks.

I have now added a video on how to recreate and upload a NOAA report

re your baro script, does that use the month/year stamped dailynoaareport.htm for data?

Thank you!

Yes, I believe so. It’s part of Murry’s nifty wxreports package.

then by uploading any missing dailynoaa reports that should come correct

I will add a video today of how to use wunderground data to fill in missing data in WD

The barometer (and dewpoint & wetbulb) scripts use the climatedataout files, not the NOAA reports.
The ‘holes’ are because the climatedataout files for those months are not on your website. If they are not in the webfiles of WD,
recreate the climatedataout files for the needed months and upload.

thanks Murray
viewing a missing detailed climate data in WD will create a date stamped output file
e.g if you view month 6 2008 a climatedataout62008.html file will get created in the web files folder so you can upload that

Murry, thanks for the correction.

Brian, tried a number of the blank dates I have showing. The files were created, but are essentially blank as far as data is concerned. Please see attachment (it’s the same for all I tried and for the full month - didn’t want to waste the space).

Thanks.

try converting that months logfile to date file
(there is now a youtube video on that)