Oregon Scientific WMR89

Hi,

Just taken delivery of one of these, just wondered if anyone has one running on WD?

Cheers

G

Hi
the problem is OS has decided to change the data protocol yet again
but there is no information on how that works

I asked the company I brought the weather station from and they said that rumour is that OS are going to “leak” the protocol before the end of the year; fingers crossed.

Is it possible to load data into WeatherDisplay from a Excel file?

I’ve been downloading the data manually from my WMR89 but would love to display it in WD.

I’ve attached my data file.

All weather data.xlsx (135 KB)

I could add an import function
I see the data is only every hour…

so the software does not allow auto update of that file?

As far as I can tell the weather station only sends ‘live’ data to the PC for the software to display rather than logging the data in a file. To get the data as I attached earlier I have to select a time period in the past 7 days to download from the station itself (via the supplied software) and then I have to append the data into an ongoing Excel file.

Would it be helpful if I create and share a zip file of all the files I can find on my PC that seem to relate to the weather station?

what file does the software download the data to?
(as WD could just use that, instead of your appended file)

This is the contents of the Oregon software folder. I can’t find any other files on my PC, maybe something here will help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/064veam4bkt0nmp/WeatherPRO89.zip?dl=0

you say that you have to append the data to your spread sheet file…
what and where and how do you do that exactly?

I guess though doing what you are doing you are building up a data file that once imported into WD then you can like view the data in WD…sort of thing…yes?

Here is a video of the export process. As you say all I’m looking for is a way to view the data I’m exporting in WD and update the data periodically until there is a seamless method.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r75eof4tj2aus1/Untitled.avi?dl=0

Hi
that software interestingly enough is the same software that comes with the OS WMR300
(would be a wild shot but I wonder if using that station type in WD works?)

anyway, yes, I could add this import function
(you would then import the data exported by the software)

Hi Brian,

I’ve been away for a few days but I tried the WMR300 options this morning, here is a screenshot

its a different device type, so that is not going to work

I will look at adding the import your .xml file ability

HI
just realised that your all weather data file is in .xlsx format (i.e excel),which cant be read in ,unless you export it via excel as say csv format
(do that then email me that file)

Sorry Brian totally missed your reply, here is my data as a csv

All weather data.zip (19.3 KB)

Hi
I notice that the data is only updated every hour in that csv file
I guess it still be usefull to import into WD so as you can produce graphs and average/extreme data etc

I have now added direct usb support for the OS WMR89 station now , latest update of WD :slight_smile:

Recently changed from a WS-2350 to an Oregon WMR89 and was pleased to see you’ve recently added it onto the supported list!

Just have two stupid problems- going to Control Panel and hovering over “Data Logger” the pointer changes to a hand icon but clicking it produces nothing? or isn’t this enabled for the WMR89?

Also, the stations usb connection is transmitting all data to WD with the exception of the following 3 being missing from the data txt file- Rain Last Min, Daily Rain & Monthly Rain - or is it a case of I’ve missed something in changing old station for new?

I have not added support for the history data as yet
re rain, WD stores its own rain totals (you can set the starting values, under control panel, offsets and initial rain)
I could make it where you set to use the weather stations rain totals in a future update

Ok, now I can stop hunting for what isn’t there anyway. Would be good if you pencil that into an update.

thanks