APRS setup Station ID

The Station ID in the APRS setup will only accept for example ZL3GP and not ZL3GP-3.
Most ham stations use something like the second ID for WX stations and leave the main call for other uses.
Can the Station ID field be adjusted so that we can enter the “-” in the call?
Ta
Philip

Is this really not working? I heard from my friend (who’s been suggesting WD ) on the radio today that WD was stripping the “-SSID” from his call when it uploads the data to APRSWXNET. The problem with this is that it puts two entries out on ARPS for him under the same callsign (he’s actually got four icons on APRS - QTH, 2x cars & WX). stripping the “-SSID” causes probelms and he’s now contemplating not participating in CWOP because of this.

I’m not doing anything with APRS yet myself (new ham with only 1 radio & I’m not going to tie it up with that yet :slight_smile: ), but I will eventually be using APRS and therefore this stripping issue is a concern to me too (I’m currently feeding CWOP with a “-9” appended to my callsign).

Thanks,
pat----

hi
i dont recall doing any stripping of anything past the -
i.e, check to see what wd is actualy sending, the raw data…
in the view, ftp log, view full log…
maybe its being stripped down stream?
update:
i do not strip anything past the - sign…
it must be being done downstream…

ah, i finally now have realised that it the station ID and not the password that is what is being talked about here
uploading a new 10.21g zip and full version, where you can tick, its not a CWOP staiton ID…so that its not modified by wd when you click on OK

Excellent news! Thank you passing this on. :slight_smile:

pat----

Thank you , Brian. :smiley: