Leuven-Template 2.8 version available

Wim,

I have managed to get the template working but have encountered the following error notices:

Notice: Undefined index: gustMaxHour in /home/wanakaw1/public_html/weather28/scriptsWD/tagsWD.php on line 276

Notice: Undefined index: 3100 in /home/wanakaw1/public_html/weather28/wsIconUrl.php on line 132

I have been unable to discover why even though they were not there originally. I have been trying to get the gauges to refresh every 10 seconds and to have no time out period. I have set the parameters in wsgauges.js but that seems to not work. I have also wanted to place my header picture from weather/27 into weather/28 with no success. This was editing banner.txt. I appreciate this template and also know how awkward my setup is and appreciate your efforts. www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28

This is discussed two posts back by @blainec and me
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/474611

Notice: Undefined index: 3100 in /home/wanakaw1/public_html/weather28/wsIconUrl.php on line 132
Some parts of the world / some METARs generate more "unknown" weatherconditions.

I will check for that later today when i am at my computer

I have been unable to discover why even though they were not there originally. I have been trying to get the gauges to refresh every 10 seconds and to have no time out period. I have set the parameters in wsgauges.js but that seems to not work.
[b]Please do not change scripts if you are not askerd to do so.[/b] If a change has no effect, please resdtore the scripts to their download state.

The timeout period is set when answering the setup questions and stored in your settings-files _my_texts/wsUsersettings.php

$SITE["wsSteelTime"]    = "30";                 # 10 = 999
I have also wanted to place my header picture from weather/27 into weather/28 with no success. This was editing banner.txt.
Will look at your site later
I appreciate this template and also know how awkward my setup is and appreciate your efforts. www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28

Thanks for using the template,

Wim

You changed for the current conditions from METAR in version 2.7 to Yahoo in 2.8
I tried two different Yahoo feeds for the Wanaka, NZ area, both returned

<yweather:condition text="Unknown" code="3200" temp="9" date="Mon, 28 Sep 2015 10:01 pm NZDT"/>

This results in the error message which is there to warn us that that is not normal.

The solution is to switch back to the METAR CCN in your wsUserSettings.php lines 35-36

# Where to load the current conditions from
$SITE["curCondFrom"]    = "yahoo";         

change that to

# Where to load the current conditions from
$SITE["curCondFrom"]    = "metar";         
I have also wanted to place my header picture from weather/27 into weather/28 with no success. This was editing banner.txt. www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28
You forgot to copy the image for the back-ground to the img/ folder, some other images are missing also
http://www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28/img/AuroraCut.jpg      Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
http://www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28/img/la_crosse%202355.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
http://www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28/img/_desktop.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Success, Wim

P.S. What are you changing in the gauges? They generate erros in release2.7 and release 2.8 in the steelseries files? How come?

Thanks for using the template.
You were the first member of the SWN mesonet to use the new template, so I checked the different mesonet pages, also this one: South West Weather - Error Document 404 As can seen the SWN is located somewhere in the middle of the atalantic ocean, according to my new mesonet script.
Checking how this can de the case, it seems that the station with the largest longitude is at 117.252605 and the station with the smallest longitude at -156.31483. Positioning the map in the middle gives a nice blue ocean view

I added validity checking for the lat-lon. Could you unzip and test the following script for me: weather28/glo/wsRegionalMap.php ?

Wim

wsRegionalMap.php.zip (11 KB)

Wim,

Thanks so much. I thought I had covered all the steps but once again not. I have altered the appearance of the gauges as i prefer the look but if this is an issue I will revert back to standard. I had set the time in wsUserSettings.php to 10 which has not seemed to make any difference. I then changed it in wsgauges as well. I have restored wsgauges to their download state other than my appearance changes and the changes I made at beginning to select WD, my realTimeURL and imgPathURL (I copied my settings here from 27) . I will change those back as well and see if it helps. I do not see any errors in 27 so am unsure what you are referring to regarding the gauges.

Hi Wim that did it. Center on SWN on the Regional map. http://southwestweather.com/weather28/index.php?p=wsRegionalMap&lang=en#data-area

Thanks Again
BTrip

FWIW I looked at it before Wim’s fix and the problem appears to be triggered by the station in Carlsbad, California that’s mapping in China (W-E longitude swap). Looking at SWN’s own map I see that station located correctly so maybe the code there is correcting the sign of the longitude.

The original mesonet setup uses two sets of coordinates. For the global map the world latitude/longitude is used. For the local script the location on the image is used without any relation to the real latitude/longitude.

I borrowed Ken’s global code for both the regional and global version and use only the global latitude/longitude.
So a lot of stations end up on the other side of the globe, some because WD’s way of longitude setting which is opposite of the map’s way. Others probably because of a typing error.

Just check the world scripts:
South West Weather - Error Document 404 or
Global Affiliated Regional Weather Networks

Slightly zooming out shows that the weatherstation Carlsbad-CA is located in SouthKorea, Atlanta in the Pacific Ocean, Paladina, Italy in China. Just a few of them.

99% is correct, the remaining: garbage in, garbage out.

Wim

I had everything working well so I thought after working my way through the advice (thanks so much). Somewhere I have changed a setting causing my station to be listed as offline. It appears my uploadWD folder is now not being updated. It seems to have gone back to 23rd whilst my webfilesWD seem to be current. When I went to work this morning all seemed well but 12 hours later not. I have been unable to see what I have done. I also had WDL working which now shows as an evaluation version. Any ideas? www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28 I had hoped I was not needing to ask for assistance again.

Rod

I chececked your weather2/ site. There you are uploading to …/data/
Your tagsWD.txt is there also. http://www.wanakaweather.co.nz/data/tagsWD.txt

So modify your weather28/_my_texts/wsUserSettings.php to point to that upload folder by changing the following lines from

382 | $SITE["standard_upload"]= true;
  383 | #
  384 | #       If you do not want or are not able to upload to the default folder set the correct upload folder here
  385 | #     
  386 | #$SITE["uploadDir"]	= "../";        	# example for upload to root
  387 | #$SITE["clientrawDir"] 	= "../";
  388 | #$SITE["graphImageDir"] = "../";

to

382 | $SITE["standard_upload"]= false;
  383 | #
  384 | #       If you do not want or are not able to upload to the default folder set the correct upload folder here
  385 | #     
  386 | $SITE["uploadDir"]	= "../data/";        	# example for upload to root
  387 | $SITE["clientrawDir"] 	= "../data/";
  388 | $SITE["graphImageDir"]  = "../data/";

Wim

Wim,

I had also missed removing the comment marks. I did have it all working but must have overwritten the wsUserSettings.php file somehow. I still have not been able to set the refresh time to 10 instead of 30 which is not a big deal but I would like to know how. I love the template and would like to be able to get it sorted even if it is the only one in the Southern Hemisphere.

Rod

Thanks for bringing this error to my attention.

There is a typo in the wsUserSettings.php
Please change the line

207 | $SITE["wsSteelTime"]    = "10";                 # 10 = 999

to

207 | $SITE["steelTime"]    = "10";                 # 10 = 999

and test again.
Wim

Wim,

That did the trick. Needed to get the exact wording as well. I had SteelTime rather than steelTime. Works great now.Was driving me crazy trying to get it to change which of course leads me to going places I shouldn’t and needing to be bailed out. Was also wondering if I can copy my settings from Weather2 to get the tide times displayed and how that would be accomplished. Thanks again.

Rod

Hi Wim,
Thank you for your work in making this template available, I have now adopted it for my website www.sandhurstweather.org.uk. I must say that it was fairly simple to adopt, thanks to your clear and straight forward installation instructions.

I have one question though, the temperature display on the main page is in a light green (see attachment), does this colour change as the temperature changes? If it doesn’t, can it be changed to a different colour?

Thanks,
Ian

Capture.PNG

I found the answer, and have set it to two colours (blue <0

Good morning gentlemen :wink:

Have some question hopefully somone can help me with.

I have notise the high temp in red colour on the thermometer in leuven 2.8 dont follow my station high temp, like living its own life.
Max until now today is 7.6 degrees but thermometer is showing 13 degrees?? min and avreage temp seems to be correct.
My station reset data at midnight.
Is this a bug in the template? see photo. and site here:
http://www.ulsteinvikweather.com/weather28/index.php?p=wsStartPage&wp=WD&lang=en

Also when using the tags.wd.txt file the high/low chart on main page change so my my station shows, also in the almanac- weather history my station shows records in station record aso…
But when using testtags.txt for upload, thees items disepear for reason unknown to me.
Also max/min on main page is showing records/today- normals from year 1998?? is this from metar or wu? coos my station was up running may 2012 as set in setup file also wd is set as cur condition.

Am using testtags.txt-sarotoga, not the tags.wd.txt coos then current condition and background photo is not changing acc to my station.
Seems like when use the tags.wd.txt the template is using the metar or wu maybe.

Hope somone can explain how this actualy works.
Seems to me the almanac and front page ajax is using wd-wu and metar in a mix? Correct or just me? #-o

Also, is there a option to show snow instead of rain under if user set to like under 2 or 1 or 0 degrees??

[quote author=Bj

tags.wd.txt (15.9 KB)

Hello and thanks alot for clarifying “how it works” Wim :slight_smile: Apriasiate alot your help.

I also added this 2x tags to the tag.wd.txt, is there any need for thees? if not i will remove.
|weathercond|%weathercond%|! #current weather conditions, based on your data
|weatherreport|%weatherreport%|! #current weather conditions from selected METAR
I hope the current cond is using thees 2 tags during night time maybe, when the davis solar is showing night.
Or delete thees 2x, and chang wd icon setting to use metar with station oweride. ?
see photo…

Reg Snow messuring:
I use this to messure snow, but also heated rain bucket.
Wd can use thrue the dallas 1wire wd setup to messure snow with a modify fluke laser 414D.
It will instead of manual put in snow messurments, do it automaticly.
See here:
LR4 - USB Laser Rangefinder — Porcupine Labs

Saratoga template have setting for show snow under the degree you set in the setting.
Just to info you :slight_smile:

Again thanks alot for help.

icon setting wd.JPG

Or at least the gauges seem to think it’s offline.
I’ve searched every setting I can think of, but can’t stop this.

Every night at 6pm the message box in the gauge panel and on the Steelseries page says the station is off line, but it’s not!
Also on the bottom right corner of the attached image you see that the 6:00pm value turns red.

The gauges are still working and showing the current data. What is causing the offline message?

Running the Leuven-Template 2.8 version with CumulusMX
My site is at: http://www.jcoinc.net

Thanks for any help. Really love the template by the way!

Jeff

You are running cumulusMX, which needs new tags files as date and time tags have a different format compare to the " old" Cumulus.

Unzip and replace the current realtimeTagsT.txt file and please test if it is OK.

Wim

realtimeTagsT.txt.zip (1.15 KB)