Leuven-Template 2.8 version available

Hello Gentelmen :slight_smile:

Have just installed lates template 2.8. As always its looking good :slight_smile:

But have a tiny icon issue:

When changing false to true on the “yrnoIconsOwn” in wsusersetting.php, the icons disepear in the mobil template forcast.
Change to false and templates own icons is back.

YR.no - This forecast is required for the “smart-phone / mobile” pages

$SITE[“yrnoPage”] = true; # true = Yes, we want this forecast, also for our Mobile pages | false = Do not display
$SITE[“yrnoID”] = "Norway/M

[quote author=Bj

mobi.php.zip (5.92 KB)

Thanks alot with icon issue Wim :slight_smile:
Works like a charm :slight_smile:

Good morning forum.

Still adapting 2.8 template, so found a small iritating look with the wureports regards comma decimal look. (think thats the name for it)
Temp, Wind, gust is showing numbers rounded up to nearest number like 10 or 15 or 30.
Wuld be nice to have the wu reports show the actual readings like 13,2 or 25,7 and so on.
See photo with rounded numbers.

Also if any weather nerd out there now how to impliment into the 2.8 template, Murry Conarroe detail/summary/season scripts for use of my own vp2 wd data. Script here: Wildwood Naturist's Resort - Downloads
I tried make a new site and inputed like @include_once(“wxwureports.php”); with fatal error :oops:

Aprisiate all help on issue :wink:

[quote author=Bj

Thanks for info and help Wim :slight_smile: super support.

When I load the page for the fist time in the browser I get the following error

Notice: Undefined index: gustMaxHour in /home/wester55/public_html/weather28/scriptsWD/tagsWD.php on line 276

When I refresh the page, the error goes away.

Sorry, I had to warn that also the files in WD webfiles forder had to be upgraded.
New fielfds/tags are introduced for 2.8

Inspect the missing translated value for this tag at line 218 http://wxcalgary.com/weather28/index.php?compare&p=0000&pw=#data-area

217 | |gustAct|%gstspd%|!
      | |gustAct|0.0|!
  218 | |gustMaxHour|%maxgsthr%|!
      | |windActDsc|NNE|!
  219 | |windActDsc|%dirlabel%|!
      | |windActDir|19|!
  220 | |windActDir|%dirdeg%|!
      | 

Wim

Hi Thanks for all your hard work. Have 2.8 running setup was much easier. http://southwestweather.com/weather28/

Thanks
BTrip

Wim,

I have managed to get the template working but have encountered the following error notices:

Notice: Undefined index: gustMaxHour in /home/wanakaw1/public_html/weather28/scriptsWD/tagsWD.php on line 276

Notice: Undefined index: 3100 in /home/wanakaw1/public_html/weather28/wsIconUrl.php on line 132

I have been unable to discover why even though they were not there originally. I have been trying to get the gauges to refresh every 10 seconds and to have no time out period. I have set the parameters in wsgauges.js but that seems to not work. I have also wanted to place my header picture from weather/27 into weather/28 with no success. This was editing banner.txt. I appreciate this template and also know how awkward my setup is and appreciate your efforts. www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28

This is discussed two posts back by @blainec and me
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/474611

Notice: Undefined index: 3100 in /home/wanakaw1/public_html/weather28/wsIconUrl.php on line 132
Some parts of the world / some METARs generate more "unknown" weatherconditions.

I will check for that later today when i am at my computer

I have been unable to discover why even though they were not there originally. I have been trying to get the gauges to refresh every 10 seconds and to have no time out period. I have set the parameters in wsgauges.js but that seems to not work.
[b]Please do not change scripts if you are not askerd to do so.[/b] If a change has no effect, please resdtore the scripts to their download state.

The timeout period is set when answering the setup questions and stored in your settings-files _my_texts/wsUsersettings.php

$SITE["wsSteelTime"]    = "30";                 # 10 = 999
I have also wanted to place my header picture from weather/27 into weather/28 with no success. This was editing banner.txt.
Will look at your site later
I appreciate this template and also know how awkward my setup is and appreciate your efforts. www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28

Thanks for using the template,

Wim

You changed for the current conditions from METAR in version 2.7 to Yahoo in 2.8
I tried two different Yahoo feeds for the Wanaka, NZ area, both returned

<yweather:condition text="Unknown" code="3200" temp="9" date="Mon, 28 Sep 2015 10:01 pm NZDT"/>

This results in the error message which is there to warn us that that is not normal.

The solution is to switch back to the METAR CCN in your wsUserSettings.php lines 35-36

# Where to load the current conditions from
$SITE["curCondFrom"]    = "yahoo";         

change that to

# Where to load the current conditions from
$SITE["curCondFrom"]    = "metar";         
I have also wanted to place my header picture from weather/27 into weather/28 with no success. This was editing banner.txt. www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28
You forgot to copy the image for the back-ground to the img/ folder, some other images are missing also
http://www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28/img/AuroraCut.jpg      Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
http://www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28/img/la_crosse%202355.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
http://www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28/img/_desktop.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Success, Wim

P.S. What are you changing in the gauges? They generate erros in release2.7 and release 2.8 in the steelseries files? How come?

Thanks for using the template.
You were the first member of the SWN mesonet to use the new template, so I checked the different mesonet pages, also this one: South West Weather - Error Document 404 As can seen the SWN is located somewhere in the middle of the atalantic ocean, according to my new mesonet script.
Checking how this can de the case, it seems that the station with the largest longitude is at 117.252605 and the station with the smallest longitude at -156.31483. Positioning the map in the middle gives a nice blue ocean view

I added validity checking for the lat-lon. Could you unzip and test the following script for me: weather28/glo/wsRegionalMap.php ?

Wim

wsRegionalMap.php.zip (11 KB)

Wim,

Thanks so much. I thought I had covered all the steps but once again not. I have altered the appearance of the gauges as i prefer the look but if this is an issue I will revert back to standard. I had set the time in wsUserSettings.php to 10 which has not seemed to make any difference. I then changed it in wsgauges as well. I have restored wsgauges to their download state other than my appearance changes and the changes I made at beginning to select WD, my realTimeURL and imgPathURL (I copied my settings here from 27) . I will change those back as well and see if it helps. I do not see any errors in 27 so am unsure what you are referring to regarding the gauges.

Hi Wim that did it. Center on SWN on the Regional map. http://southwestweather.com/weather28/index.php?p=wsRegionalMap&lang=en#data-area

Thanks Again
BTrip

FWIW I looked at it before Wim’s fix and the problem appears to be triggered by the station in Carlsbad, California that’s mapping in China (W-E longitude swap). Looking at SWN’s own map I see that station located correctly so maybe the code there is correcting the sign of the longitude.

The original mesonet setup uses two sets of coordinates. For the global map the world latitude/longitude is used. For the local script the location on the image is used without any relation to the real latitude/longitude.

I borrowed Ken’s global code for both the regional and global version and use only the global latitude/longitude.
So a lot of stations end up on the other side of the globe, some because WD’s way of longitude setting which is opposite of the map’s way. Others probably because of a typing error.

Just check the world scripts:
South West Weather - Error Document 404 or
Global Affiliated Regional Weather Networks

Slightly zooming out shows that the weatherstation Carlsbad-CA is located in SouthKorea, Atlanta in the Pacific Ocean, Paladina, Italy in China. Just a few of them.

99% is correct, the remaining: garbage in, garbage out.

Wim

I had everything working well so I thought after working my way through the advice (thanks so much). Somewhere I have changed a setting causing my station to be listed as offline. It appears my uploadWD folder is now not being updated. It seems to have gone back to 23rd whilst my webfilesWD seem to be current. When I went to work this morning all seemed well but 12 hours later not. I have been unable to see what I have done. I also had WDL working which now shows as an evaluation version. Any ideas? www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28 I had hoped I was not needing to ask for assistance again.

Rod

I chececked your weather2/ site. There you are uploading to …/data/
Your tagsWD.txt is there also. http://www.wanakaweather.co.nz/data/tagsWD.txt

So modify your weather28/_my_texts/wsUserSettings.php to point to that upload folder by changing the following lines from

382 | $SITE["standard_upload"]= true;
  383 | #
  384 | #       If you do not want or are not able to upload to the default folder set the correct upload folder here
  385 | #     
  386 | #$SITE["uploadDir"]	= "../";        	# example for upload to root
  387 | #$SITE["clientrawDir"] 	= "../";
  388 | #$SITE["graphImageDir"] = "../";

to

382 | $SITE["standard_upload"]= false;
  383 | #
  384 | #       If you do not want or are not able to upload to the default folder set the correct upload folder here
  385 | #     
  386 | $SITE["uploadDir"]	= "../data/";        	# example for upload to root
  387 | $SITE["clientrawDir"] 	= "../data/";
  388 | $SITE["graphImageDir"]  = "../data/";

Wim

Wim,

I had also missed removing the comment marks. I did have it all working but must have overwritten the wsUserSettings.php file somehow. I still have not been able to set the refresh time to 10 instead of 30 which is not a big deal but I would like to know how. I love the template and would like to be able to get it sorted even if it is the only one in the Southern Hemisphere.

Rod