New WDliveapp version 21

copy that

the problem could be a permissions issue
try a manual install of this new version, vers 22

http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WDliveapp.apk

(i.e click on that link in a browser window on your phone to download and install )

I am suspecting it is a permissions problem
vers 22 will be avilable from the android store to update to soon…

New wdlapp ver works…but I had to turn off the sendtetherdata.exe on WD…so now on the app screen… “setup” now appeared at the top in place of “weather data” …so i went to set up and entered the url for clientraw.txt…seems to have done the trick…i used it successfully on home wifi and 4glte as well…thanks Brian

it should still work with the wdsendtetherdata…vers 1.8 of that (make sure you have that version)

Sorry to report that when tetherdata 1.8 is enabled, wdlapp hangs…when tetherdata is disabled…wdlapp works ok…

that is odd
as it connects and works OK here
what shows in the wdsendtetherdata program when it hangs?

I do have MAC address filtering enabled on my router…would that make a difference…? tether app 1.8 reports argument out of range followed by cant send…

it does sounds like a block is occuring through your router or similar

Ill toggle MAC filtering and report back

disabling MAC filtering did not work…so I must be missing something…could you run through the setup procedure for me…on th WD side…and I am using 5g wifi…not 2,5 with moderate signal strength

I suspect the problem is a new HTTP permission security feature in iOS9
that I need to set a flag for in the app, that was not done…
I will try that for the next update

latest android version I have added Language support for German , Italian,French
what others are needed?

build 30 will be out soon.
it much better for the exit error
and loads the data faster too

Brian,
I installed the newest update and the data loads very fast now. Also this is the first time I’ve gotten the app to work when it’s not on my home network. I only have one issue, I get an error when I close the app from my home network, I don’t get an error when I close the app away from my home network.
Jp

what is the error that you get?

Unfortunately, WDLiveapp has stopped.
Jp

Hey Brian,
Snow season is almost here or is here for some. Would it be possible to display the measured snow in your app? Thanks.
Jp

re snow
that info is from the clientrawextra
I would need to add in ability to read and display the snow totals to say the graph setup screen

I don’t need it that bad, it’s best to keep it simple. It’s working great now for me, thans for all the hard work.
Jp