New WDliveapp version 21

I’m using v294 of WD?

the other problem is you have the latitude backwards in the max solar for lat/long/

See screen shot. It looks right to me. Or are you looking elsewhere?

and the attenuation should be left at 5 (default) and not 0 also tick to update the icon from the solar conditions

Done

lat.JPG

You are West of GMT.

I meant latitude, my bad
…that is backwards…should be a positive number
also check the value
[WS2000]
Solar sensor=
in the wdisplay.ini settings file
that should be 0
(edit that when WD is not running)

Longitude :wink:

I bunged that up - now positive. I was thinking web templates where minus is west.

Solar sensor is 0.

Hi Brian:
Have lollipop…WD 294…and 1.8 tether…sitting at home on my wifi and WDliveapp starts and freezes…any thoughts?

is that with version 21 of WDliveapp?
does it start all the way up to the normal screen?
what android version number is lollipop?

Android 5.1…wdl app ver 21…app starts up to weather data screen…but no data is present…cant scroll down…tried uninstalling and reinstalling…same result…notifies that app has stopped working…thanks

it sounds like its having trouble connecting to the wdsendtetherdata.exe program

try running the app with wifi off on the phone as a test

Ill give that a try…

.no luck…data screen w no data…then went black…had to reboot phone

(droid turbo)

No luck Brian…wifi or lte4g…still hangs…

are you able to open the menu setup screen? (via the soft touch button to the left of the home button)
I have android version 4.4.2 here and its working fine

no soft touch buttons at all…just blank data fields…android 5.1…app ver 21…friend has older droid…and its working for him as well…could it be 5.1 not compatible?..thanks for your attention as always…

it could be a problem with that android version, yes…I will do some investigating

copy that

the problem could be a permissions issue
try a manual install of this new version, vers 22

http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WDliveapp.apk

(i.e click on that link in a browser window on your phone to download and install )

I am suspecting it is a permissions problem
vers 22 will be avilable from the android store to update to soon…

New wdlapp ver works…but I had to turn off the sendtetherdata.exe on WD…so now on the app screen… “setup” now appeared at the top in place of “weather data” …so i went to set up and entered the url for clientraw.txt…seems to have done the trick…i used it successfully on home wifi and 4glte as well…thanks Brian

it should still work with the wdsendtetherdata…vers 1.8 of that (make sure you have that version)

Sorry to report that when tetherdata 1.8 is enabled, wdlapp hangs…when tetherdata is disabled…wdlapp works ok…