Push notifications

Hi
I have managed to get push notifications working…uses the

api
which has a 7 day trial: after that its a one off 4.95$ purchase to have the app on your mobile device

so could send weather warning triggers (e.g for when the weather warning email would be sent)
to your mobile device (iOS or Android),done by WD
you just need to sign up to the pushover.net and get your unique ID (which is needed to send the notification from WD running on your PC) and then install the app your mobile device and then assign that device …the device ID you also need to know to enter into WD

This function has been added to the latest .zip update now (works for iOS too )

Hello I do not work I entered the key, but unfortunately I do not get notifications :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Hi
did you also enter your mobile device name?
and password?
(after signing up with pushover.net)
you also need the pushover app installed on your phone

I’ve installed the app on your phone (Android), after the display in weater I entered the key that the app has given me, as a user I entered my username and as a mobile device that shows me pushover.
I also tried to replace user with the password I entered on pushover, but not working.

Hi
there should be a program called cronpushnotification.exe
I will add some debug logging so that we can see what is happening
it should work OK as it works for me

It works !!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi
what did you do different?

I put the key in the bees that I created in the app, and user my key.
Before I did not understand how to set it

it would be nice to create a push message at specified times with the weather situation, as twitter.

Hi
that could be done…as the good thing is, unlike sms/text, there is just the one time purchase of the app…then you can send as many push notifications as you like

I have added this now to the latest .zip update
see under setup…last item on the list

Hi all
Just trying Pushover and am wondering exactly what is expected in the User box.

The Key is easy, entered as per email from Pushover, the Mobile Device I assume is the registered device as listed on the Pushover site.

I have tried entering just my name, my email address and even the password for Pushover but none seem to work.

Any help would be most appreciated

Colin Boyd

I made a mistake…the user is not needed…

try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/cronpushnotification.zip
unzip to where you have WD installed

make sure you have enabled ticked when you do the test from within WD too

Works fine now, many thanks

Colin