cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: Bloomsky Weather Station  (Read 4004 times)

Offline aardvark

• Des Moines, Iowa
  • Des Moines, Iowa, USA
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.11
  • Firefox 48.0
    • Des Moines, Iowa Weather and Climate
Re: Bloomsky Weather Station
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 08:45:12 PM »
on the Menlo Park?  Where is the Wizard?
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2); Soil Moisture/Temp Station;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Sierra; Webcam; https://www.desmoinesweather.org

Offline aardvark

• Des Moines, Iowa
  • Des Moines, Iowa, USA
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.11
  • Firefox 48.0
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 01:46:58 AM »
ah.. the Wizard of Menlo Park?    Thomas Edison was the Wizard
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2); Soil Moisture/Temp Station;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Sierra; Webcam; https://www.desmoinesweather.org

Offline niko

• syzygy
  • Global Moderator
  • Crystal Ball broken! Please post the URL.
  • Northern California, U.S.A.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Chrome 51.0.2704.106
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 02:53:43 AM »
Good thought, but the wrong Menlo Park  :wink:

Offline NorCal Dan

• Dan - KJ6RGX
  • Davis Vue/Win10
  • Ocean Park, WA.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.10.5
  • Chrome 52.0.2743.116
    • Traveling RV Weather
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 02:13:00 AM »
It operates the camera between sunrise and sunset.  Then about an hour later it provides the time lapse for the day.    No way to change the time range.  which sucks for the money.

I got an iMac so I have to go with what works...  a lot of the software we use isn't out there for the iMac.   I know, it sucks.   I can't get the full value out of Wdisplay because of this platform.

This fall the OS changes again and Iam sure that will have further headaches.

And to think I was going to pull the trigger and get me one...all I wanted was the camera, but if it doesn't record 24/7 then I'm not interested.

What is it that your iMac can't do?

Offline aardvark

• Des Moines, Iowa
  • Des Moines, Iowa, USA
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.11
  • Firefox 48.0
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 04:06:31 AM »
I have El Capitan,  soon to be Sierra.

The unit is an all in one unit, that is the 8GB  of Ram can't be improved on.  The chips are soldered to the board and there is no way to actually get into the board without destroying the computer.

Running dual platforms are possible, but not with 8 GB of Ram.

The weather software that is available is very limited for the OSX  system.   Sure the media always show Mac computers, but  unless it is for a few games, media and net..  it ain't built for the scientific community per se.

Take WD,  it works, but not to the same level of performance as the PC version,  Apple has its moments,

It isn't a PC.  So what can't it do.  It can't do a lot.

Offline NorCal Dan

• Dan - KJ6RGX
  • Davis Vue/Win10
  • Ocean Park, WA.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.10.5
  • Chrome 52.0.2743.116
    • Traveling RV Weather
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 02:26:58 PM »
I use a mid-2007 iMac with 4GB ram (that is max on my machine) and I ran dual using Parallels.  I don't recommend it but you certainly can run dual.  FWIW, I backed out El Capitan due to issues with wifi.  Seems my older chipset is never going to work right with the new OS's so I am stuck at 10.10.5.  I'm not even sure switching to a wired network would allow me to upgrade to the newer OS.   :(

Offline aardvark

• Des Moines, Iowa
  • Des Moines, Iowa, USA
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.11
  • Firefox 48.0
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 02:34:40 PM »
The El Capitan came with the unit.  It works fine and no slow downs.    As with any software, operating system, updates and all that Jazz  I am going to wait  until I HAVE to update the OSx

Offline aardvark

• Des Moines, Iowa
  • Des Moines, Iowa, USA
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.11
  • Firefox 48.0
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 04:57:41 PM »
I do have a plus of using the mac.   Mail,  I simply love the shwoosh sound when mail is sent.   

I am sort of torn between that and MS outlook 2016 for the mac.    I just have to figure out how to make more mail boxes for the various senders I have.   

Offline dsscheibe

• Phoenix, AZ
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Firefox 62.0
    • Scotts Weather Station, Cactus Wren, Phoenix, Arizona
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 02:24:01 AM »
My Sky1 which has been up sine February seems to have died. Friday night it failed to produce a video, Saturday the app said it was offline, I got up on the roof and reset it  It came online for maybe half an hour and has been offline since I got it down this afternoon, is sitting in my office two feet from the router, went trough the reset routine again. Sorrry we failed to connect to your BloomSky, try again?  Just sent an email to support@bloomsky.com will see what they say.
Scott
Davis Pro2 Plus daytime aspirated, wired
Weather Display

cumulus