I need help with Hikivision

I have a hikivision DS-2CD2132F which I would like for it to be able to do 2 things. One is to stream some type of live or near live image to my website. www.lakerabunweather.com. I would also like for it to be able to capture an image for all day video. SO far I have been able to get it to grab a frame every minute. I think it has something to do with RTSP that the camera puts out.

In the past I have used a Panasonic camera and it was easy to set up. I tried the hikivision because of the image quality and price point. I would be glad to use a 3rd party software to embed if needed or pay someone to set up my hikivision to work with WD.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

how do you have it setup in the WD web cam capture program currently?

Thanks Brian. Is this the info you need.

Under IP camera setup It is “http://192.168.1.112/Streaming/channels/1/picture

ANd then to the left of the image it says

webfiles location =C:\wdisplay\webfiles
Directory to save to is C:\wdisplay\webfiles
IP Camera selected
http://192.168.1.112/Streaming/channels/1/picture
Setting IP camera username and password
Saving file C:\wdisplay\webfiles\jpgwebcam.jpg

Ok, a few more adjustments to make, to avoid the WD webcam capture program to log in to your camera every time, check the “Keep live” option down the bottom right. Next you can capture images less than a minute, in the “File save” tab there is an option to change the frequency of the capture, input the time in seconds that you need. You can upload those images to your site say every 10 sec. through the "real time ftp client but it generates a lot of bandwidth traffic, some hosting providers considerate live streaming and don’t like it. As for the all day video, from the web cam set up you can set to have time stamped images at 30 sec. and also in the last tab “New all day video set up” you can set it up like the screen shot providing your path of files are the same or you can input yours.
Petros

Thanks that fixed the timelapse. Now would like to have the camera stream if possible but I think it is RTSP. Is that a problem?

Looking at your web site I noticed a few things and I’ll suggest a few alterations, first of all reduce the size for the still picture to 1280X720 from the settings of the camera, 1920X1080 is way to large even for a 24’’ monitor, you don’t lose any quality with a smaller size, also your video is the wrong aspect ratio to the picture and the quality is not right, so from the WD video settings (bottom right) adjust the width to 800, the height to 450, the bit rate to 900 or 1000 or bigger (this increases the file size as the quality goes up), the frame rate anything between 15 and 20 and finally the delay around 80. Watch the video locally after is produced by WD and adjust bit rate and frames to your liking. As far as streaming goes, what exactly to you have in mind? there are different ways to “stream” a camera, you can either allow direct connection to the camera it’s self or use your site (host) to do it. There are pros and cons for both ways, not recommended, at least by me. Alter the upload frequency of the webcam capture to 30’ and your visitors will be happy.
Petros

this is exactly the same camera as yours http://www.syroswx.gr/wxcamera.php the one from the port
and here is a video from the same camera http://www.syroswx.gr/port.mp4

What’s the viewing angle on those cameras?

Mine has a 2.8mm lens, if I remember right it’s around 89.9

Very effective :smiley: