HTTP GET problem win new beta 281

Hello Brian…
before updating to beta 281,i was on 279 and my http get settings were working.Now on 281,
it has stop updating and ine the Event Log i have this error…

Failed custom HTTP get HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden http://www.meteolacstjean.com/meteo2/upload/wd.php

did others reported this?

Ive been disconnected from internet for a few days due to moving to a new home,re installing/locating the VP2…under the :protest: RAIN…bleeeehhhhhhh

cheers :wink:

the only thing I changed was to add in more description for errors
(i.e its likely you got errors at times before, but it did not say what caused the error)

Thanks…so its on the webpage that theres a problem ?

is the error every scheduled update, or?
is the data working otherwise, or?

well,everytime it tries to upload to my site, teh error 403 forbidden is appearing in the event log…

as ive said,only jumped from b279 to b281…didnt touch anything else even on my website and data were uploading fine since we last talked about it with Jachym…

I just checked the actual PHP, it works fine and it even should since you havent changed it at all. Manual update works fine, but PHP is not called by WD.

I checked the script log too, manual update updates the db, but it shows last update interval as quite long ago, in other words unless I run it this way manually, it is not being executed by WD - and it was before.

thanks for clearing that Jachym… :wink:

when original testing,all others got the forbidden error
but you were not
so i changed the http component used
and that fixed it for all others…but looks like you are the odd one out
so its got to be something else, something pecular to your setup

I suspect that your web site is needing a username/password for the HTTP

can someone provide me a b279 link ?..ill try that :wink:

or it could be that your web site uses port 8080
which is something that I could specify to use

rather than trying an older version, it would be good to know if the others using this if the latest version works OK for them
(and as I have said the only thing that has changed since it was working OK for everyone else was I added in more information to any error message created)

ill wait for Jachym’s reply on that 8080 port thing …hes the one that made it hehehe :wink:

I would say its less to do with the script and more to do with how your web server is setup (e.g for permissions /ports/etc)

would be good if the others who use this system could test build 281 (as the only change was to do with the error reporting info…thats all…believe me)

I’m sorry I can’t do anything about this, this has nothing to do with the script which works fine, I double checked that

yes, I think its more to do with the actual server itself and how that is setup

But what is strange is that the uploads worked normally, he didnt make any changes in the script, but he also didnt make any changes with regards to the server setting. And it worked. It only stopped once he upgraded WD so I would say it is more likely there is some problem with the update.

yes, there was a change I made…as I posted above…but that change was needed because it did not work with anyone elses web page, at the time it did with his
but now it does…except for him now…i…e so there is something different about his server configuration compared to others (not the script but the actual server)
I could add option to use the original HTTP component
or add option to set a username/password for the server (which may be needed)
also I have set the currently used HTTP component to use proxy port 8080, if that helps

Thanks for your help. We have to wait now to see if it helps him or not.

I could still yet add option to use the older method…I think I will just add that option …so he can test that