Support for new Oregon Scientific WMR-89

OK , I have made a crack at it, and are making progress :slight_smile:
it looks like the data is only stored at hourly intervals for the history data?

Hi Brian

We have had a little rain this morning. The console has just changed to 1mm whereas WD shows 0.4mm. From doing a little research it appears that the WMR-89 uses the same rain collector as the WMR-180. I don’t know if this helps or not

are you sure you are using the latest update (.zip update)?

I thought I was up to date from when you last asked me to download the zip file but as a diagnostic I have downloaded the file with the description:

“Display ,.zip update v 10.37S Build 67
for Windows XP (with updates),VISTA/W7/8/8.1/10 (unzip to where WD is installed and note the new .exe name, WeatherDisplay.exe)
Version on 26 February 2018 - 00:57:54”

I will keep you informed

i have managed to a test here and you are right, WD is only increasing by 0.4mm

I will investigate…it might be that the station is sending inches instead of mm or similar

OK, I have found out that the station is sending inches of rain (but when all other data is metric)
I will upload a fix and let you know

Many thanks Brian.

try a new .zip download again
rain should be OK Now

i have the history data working now
(turn the switch on under control panel, data logger)
the station only stores data every hour (1 week storage)
latest .zip update
currently beta

Brian, just to give feedback on the rain issue. I have monitored over the last few days, using a glass jar rain gauge for comparison, and the measurements seems pretty spot on so thank you for that.

Hello,
but importing tha data by a data logger all parameters are ok while the rain data are not read? i have to make any changes in the settings?

thanks
Francesco

which version/build of WD?

Hi,
the last version 10.37s70

I might have fixed that, try a new .zip update of WD, ready now

hi , now is perfect for the rains data. My last question is the offset of a barometric pressure. I have put +20mb for reading the correct value on line, but when i read the data logger the value mesured is plus +40.

Thanks for your support

is it always 2x?

yes, but only reading the data logger, after the value read directly from the wmr89 online is correct.

Brian
After having the first full sunny day without a cloud since purchasing the WMR-89 the UV sensor (UVN800) on my console was registering 5. WDL was displaying 0. I followed your guide on the sensor but still cant get WD to show the readings from the sensor. Also the present conditions were showing overcast and gloomy/dry when in fact it was full sun. Not sure what I’ve changed to cause this but I don’t seem able to correct it.

note that UV is not going to give you a solar wm/2 reading, which is what the solar % needs
are you using the update version where I added uv support?

I am on V10.37S70, I will check if this is the latest. I just need the UV to fill in the UV on WDL as in the screenshot, above, as it did previously.