Support for new Oregon Scientific WMR-89

Hi Brian, does this also mean that WD will support the 7 day data logger too?

I have not added support for the logged data yet
Just live data
But I can look into that

That would be appreciated. I am taking receipt of the WMR-89 today and the data logger was one of the main reasons for my purchase. My station is located remotely, which I access through TeamViewer, and regularly looses data on OS updates etc. Thanks Brian.

I received the WMR this morning and apart for a problem installing the USB driver, and bypassing Windows digital signing, I have it up and running with Weather Display. There is one problem that I have come across so far. I have three temperature sensors in use with weather display. Unfortunately WD appears to be polling all of them at different times. It was a couple of hours before I realised this so I have edited the logfile and reset the maximum temperature but I do not know how to reset this graph

As a temporary measure I have taken the batteries out of sensors 2 and 3.

If I can be any help in the testing I am more than willing Brian.

Hmmmm,each temp sensor should have a sensor
Number associated with it in the data
Sensor 1 WD will use for outdoor temperature
I would need to add some debug code

A couple of weird temperature readings tonight. Strangely nothing was recorded in the log files.

use a new .zip update of WD
where only sensor #1 is used for outdoor temperature (and you can change that , the sensor number, in the weather station type setup)
that should help

Hi Brian

Thanks for taking time with the update. Is this the setting you refer to? I will monitor over the next few days.

I have another problem where, after a period of a few hours, WD stops updating the readings from the weather station, even though on the weather station console it displays that the USB is connected. I have checked that the Windows power saving is not enabled. The only fix I’ve found is to restart Weather Display.

is that a new issue (the data stopping) or?

The data dropping isn’t a new issue. It has happened twice in the 5 days I have used this weather station. I’m not sure if it’s weather display related or not as I have not used the Oregon Scientific supplied software yet.

maybe check to make sure windows is not powering down the usb port? (selective suspend)

I thought I had disabled selective suspend but I was wrong. I have now done so and will monitor. Thanks Brian.

Another anomaly. The rain reading on the WMR-89 console shows 1mm, on WD it shows 0.1mm. Same when the level on the console showed 2mm WD shows 0.2mm. I have done a search but I can’t see where I can adjust this.

ah
I might then have the rain out but a factor 10?

here is the datalogger file

All weather data_2018-02-01_2018-02-20.xls (23.8 KB)

and here is an extract of this months logfile

22018lg.txt (101 KB)

what is the resolution of the rain guage?
i.e how much does the rain increase for each tip?

I’m not sure about that Brian, nothing is mentioned in the user manual. Looking at the datalogger spreadsheet it appears to be 1.02mm per tip but I am not totally convinced about my reasoning.

use a new .zip update of WD re the rain being *10 too low

Thank you, I’ll do that. The location of the rain gauge makes it difficult to operate manually so I will have to observe the next time we have rain. (Shouldn’t be too long here)