Support for new Oregon Scientific WMR-89

OS has never released the data protocol (which is very non standard by the looks, very low level communication type…why manufactures do this…come up with a proprietry communication system is strange…why not go with modern, proven, standards?)

Thanks for the reply as ever Brian.

Pity OS have chosen that route.

Does anybody know if I will ever be able to use the WMR-89 with Weather Display?

Hi
I have made progress finally on getting data from a WMR89 station :slight_smile:
will need some testers

I have now added direct usb support for the OS WMR89 station now , latest update of WD :slight_smile:

Hi Brian, does this also mean that WD will support the 7 day data logger too?

I have not added support for the logged data yet
Just live data
But I can look into that

That would be appreciated. I am taking receipt of the WMR-89 today and the data logger was one of the main reasons for my purchase. My station is located remotely, which I access through TeamViewer, and regularly looses data on OS updates etc. Thanks Brian.

I received the WMR this morning and apart for a problem installing the USB driver, and bypassing Windows digital signing, I have it up and running with Weather Display. There is one problem that I have come across so far. I have three temperature sensors in use with weather display. Unfortunately WD appears to be polling all of them at different times. It was a couple of hours before I realised this so I have edited the logfile and reset the maximum temperature but I do not know how to reset this graph

As a temporary measure I have taken the batteries out of sensors 2 and 3.

If I can be any help in the testing I am more than willing Brian.

Hmmmm,each temp sensor should have a sensor
Number associated with it in the data
Sensor 1 WD will use for outdoor temperature
I would need to add some debug code

A couple of weird temperature readings tonight. Strangely nothing was recorded in the log files.

use a new .zip update of WD
where only sensor #1 is used for outdoor temperature (and you can change that , the sensor number, in the weather station type setup)
that should help

Hi Brian

Thanks for taking time with the update. Is this the setting you refer to? I will monitor over the next few days.

I have another problem where, after a period of a few hours, WD stops updating the readings from the weather station, even though on the weather station console it displays that the USB is connected. I have checked that the Windows power saving is not enabled. The only fix I’ve found is to restart Weather Display.

is that a new issue (the data stopping) or?

The data dropping isn’t a new issue. It has happened twice in the 5 days I have used this weather station. I’m not sure if it’s weather display related or not as I have not used the Oregon Scientific supplied software yet.

maybe check to make sure windows is not powering down the usb port? (selective suspend)

I thought I had disabled selective suspend but I was wrong. I have now done so and will monitor. Thanks Brian.

Another anomaly. The rain reading on the WMR-89 console shows 1mm, on WD it shows 0.1mm. Same when the level on the console showed 2mm WD shows 0.2mm. I have done a search but I can’t see where I can adjust this.

ah
I might then have the rain out but a factor 10?

here is the datalogger file

All weather data_2018-02-01_2018-02-20.xls (23.8 KB)