Support for new Oregon Scientific WMR-89

but I have posted what the info I am looking for
I am looking for what shows in the separate running wmr100.exe program (click on that icon running in the system tray)

Oh sorry, I thought you meant something else.

The tool tip on the system tray icon says WMR300, whereas the executable in windows task manager shows as WMR100.exe

This snip shows the window I think you are after as well as the executable name in the background.

looks you have selected a wmr300 instead of a wmr100
select the wmr100 in WD
then restart WD (the running wmr300 program should close when close WD and then the correct wmr100 program should start up)

I have tried to set it to WMR100 many times now. I always hit the close/save button. I try exit and start as admin, or start as normal. I have tried restarting.

When the app starts, it fires up WMR100.exe in the background. This then periodically fires up the wmr300histolder.exe, but never for long.

It seems stuck. Maybe I should un-install and reinstall???

yes
try starting over
delete the windows registry settings (see under action in WD)
exit WD
then delete the wdisplay.ini file
then start up

Scratch that. I un-installed. Deleted the registry keys and OS folders, restarted and re-installed.

It not appears to have the correct data gatherer in the system tray but as you see from this screenshot, it’s not updating the main display. The number in the data gatherer just keeps cycling.

does the weather station USB device show up in device manager, ports?

It does show up and the very basic software that it comes with talks nicely to it. I always close and kill that executable just in case there is a conflict.

I downloaded Cumulus and tried that. It offers a WMR88/WMR100 setting also and that won’t display anything. My preference is Weather Display. :slight_smile:

interestingly it shows up as a com port 3
instead of a HID USB
so that is different to the WMR100
so thats one problem right there

Hi - I have exactly the same problem , I have chosen just WMR100 and have checked that WMR100 is also running in the system tray. I have checked I have got the correct port selected (COM4) in WD But no data is being received by WD?
I also have the OS software working (as mentioned by the OP) …is there a fix for this or something I am missing?

Hi
one way would be to find out how the data is communicated via the software that comes with it, via the com port, via a com port spy program

I gave up on this and grabbed their LW301 product. It meant I could use the existing sensors from the WMR-89 which was cool and I just wrote my own software to read and store the data, which is what most of us want at the end of the day.

I have total control over the data and can post off to webservers like Weather Underground who provide a pretty good free service.

I’ve just brought one of these, did anyone get it working with WS?

As its on comport 3 will setting it as the WMR 928/968 work?

I’ve tried that but it doesn’t seem to collect the data. I’ll post anything I can find it the logs.

When the WMR100.exe runs it says “USB Port failed to open”

There are a lot of posts on the internet concerning this station’s interface, some of them from very experienced users/programmers but none of them claiming success. Like some other OS station(s) it appears to use the serial connection in a non-standard way, most likely by using the control lines for data so a regular USB or Serial port monitoring software will not yield any usable information :frowning: I have seen information that it uses the silabs USB-Serial chip so I guess it’s also possible the interface may be similar to the Davis USBxpress one :dontknow:

Sounds like I’ve got a nice new weather station that only does half of what I want it to do :angry:

Has anyone found a solution to using the WMR89 with Weather Display?

OS has never released the data protocol (which is very non standard by the looks, very low level communication type…why manufactures do this…come up with a proprietry communication system is strange…why not go with modern, proven, standards?)