Support for new Oregon Scientific WMR-89

I just bought a new weather station assuming I would be able to hook it up to weather display, however it doesn’t seem to be working yet.

Any plans to add support for this particular station?

http://weather.oregonscientific.com/products_wmr89.asp

Hi
try setting WD as a WMR100 station

According the forum for another software beginning with “w” it doesn’t work as either a 100 or 200 :frowning:

I think that other one was the wifi …i.e data straight to Wunderground only ) version
this one is usb (according to the link)

OK, fingers crossed :smiley:

I’ve cycled through all the Oregon Scientific stations (WMR100, WMR200, WMR300 plus all the rest) with no joy. I’m hoping support can be added so I can buy this software. :slight_smile:

only try with the wr100 setting…not the others
try again with only that setting
then see what shows in the separate running wmr100 program

The screen in the control panel only allows you to select one of the OS weather stations and I set this to WMR100.

There are no errors, and the debug screen says everything is ok - however no data is displayed on the main window.

Oh and it’s definitely USB, and not Wifi. The device appears in my Windows7 “Devices and Printers”. The software it came with is nice enough, just doesn’t have a way to automagically log to a file. It has to be done as a manual export and can’t be scheduled. Hardly a “pro” weather station.

Hi
what shows in the separate running wmr100.exe program?
(that should be running in the system try…click on that icon)

All measurements come up, but just with default or 0 values.

I will try to attach a screenshot…

I am a software dev by trade so happy to provide lower level info as requested.

what shows in the separate running wmr100.exe program? (that should be running in the system try...click on that icon)

thats the info I am looking for

Let me know if there is anything you need. :slight_smile:

but I have posted what the info I am looking for
I am looking for what shows in the separate running wmr100.exe program (click on that icon running in the system tray)

Oh sorry, I thought you meant something else.

The tool tip on the system tray icon says WMR300, whereas the executable in windows task manager shows as WMR100.exe

This snip shows the window I think you are after as well as the executable name in the background.

looks you have selected a wmr300 instead of a wmr100
select the wmr100 in WD
then restart WD (the running wmr300 program should close when close WD and then the correct wmr100 program should start up)

I have tried to set it to WMR100 many times now. I always hit the close/save button. I try exit and start as admin, or start as normal. I have tried restarting.

When the app starts, it fires up WMR100.exe in the background. This then periodically fires up the wmr300histolder.exe, but never for long.

It seems stuck. Maybe I should un-install and reinstall???

yes
try starting over
delete the windows registry settings (see under action in WD)
exit WD
then delete the wdisplay.ini file
then start up

Scratch that. I un-installed. Deleted the registry keys and OS folders, restarted and re-installed.

It not appears to have the correct data gatherer in the system tray but as you see from this screenshot, it’s not updating the main display. The number in the data gatherer just keeps cycling.

does the weather station USB device show up in device manager, ports?